• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

Thanks for that.... here are the others I have digitaled??!!

DSCN3228.jpg

DSCN3229.jpg

DSCN3230.jpg

DSCN3231.jpg

DSCN3232.jpg

Managed to get a good high grade set of Werewolf plus the 3 Spotlights, so pretty happy with that. I love the sewer cover! I also realise the WWT machine gun/skeleton has been done to death (No pun intended) but I LOVE the cover!

Few Weird war tales too!

DSCN3224.jpg

One of my great regrets in comic buying was back in 1990 when I was buying books from what is now referred to as the Monterey collection was that I passed up the entire 124 issue run of Weird War in unread (Monterey books are the same quality as Oakland and Don Rosa) condition. He wanted $125 for the whole set. I forget what I did buy instead. When you see a whole run of books in that condition..... cloud9.gif

One of my great regrets in comic buying was back in 1990 when I was buying books from what is now referred to as the Monterey collection was that I passed up the entire 124 issue run of Weird War in unread (Monterey books are the same quality as Oakland and Don Rosa) condition. He wanted $125 for the whole set. I forget what I did buy instead. When you see a whole run of books in that condition..... cloud9.gif

That is a bummer. If they looked anything like some of the Monterey Phantom Strangers, they must have been beautiful!

Just got in about 10 books from ebay seller genepliner, and I can definitly say he generally overgardes by .2 to .4 and even a half a grade or a full grade in scarcer cases. I purchased HOM 218 (all his grades) nm, 219 nm, 204 nm, 205 nm-this one may even be a only a 8.0, 211 nm, 212 nm, 215 nm, 217 nm, and 175 in fine--that was a fine minus. Without getting into each book, because they are not in front of me as I wrtie this, most books were a 9.0, maybe one was a 9.2, and one was a 8.5. I can say on the positive side, thay all have nice owtwp pages, a few even white, and he ships quickly and packs securely. But no backing boards.

I know I'm dredging up the past, but since I just got some books from genepliner, I searched around and saw this. He definitely overgrades. The redeeming thing is that his books end up going cheap...cheap enough that they were still worth what I got. I just picked up some Secrets of Sinister House that while they look nice once I've got them out of the yellowing bags and into mylars, you can tell they'd be in a lot nicer condition if they weren't handled so much. Near Mint for him ended up being FN/VF.

Edited by TiQuinn

Just got in about 10 books from ebay seller genepliner, and I can definitly say he generally overgardes by .2 to .4 and even a half a grade or a full grade in scarcer cases. I purchased HOM 218 (all his grades) nm, 219 nm, 204 nm, 205 nm-this one may even be a only a 8.0, 211 nm, 212 nm, 215 nm, 217 nm, and 175 in fine--that was a fine minus. Without getting into each book, because they are not in front of me as I wrtie this, most books were a 9.0, maybe one was a 9.2, and one was a 8.5. I can say on the positive side, thay all have nice owtwp pages, a few even white, and he ships quickly and packs securely. But no backing boards.

I know I'm dredging up the past, but since I just got some books from genepliner, I searched around and saw this. He definitely overgrades. The redeeming thing is that his books end up going cheap...cheap enough that they were still worth what I got. I just picked up some Secrets of Sinister House that while they look nice once I've got them out of the yellowing bags and into mylars, you can tell they'd be in a lot nicer condition if they weren't handled so much. Near Mint for him ended up being FN/VF.

Amen brother....the three House of Secrets I bought from him need to go on the chopping block.....7.5-8.0's......definitely not 9.4-9.6's. Very disappointed in his grading.

Scott

Few Weird war tales too!

DSCN3224.jpg

Man.... those were the days! I love/hate hearing those kinds of stories!

I've completed my run, but there are still VFs in there that I need to upgrade. There are tough, tough books all over the run. For example, I see many HG #7s, but very, very few #6s. There are a lot of #40s, but not as many #41s, it appears. A complete High Grade (and by that I mean strict 9.0 and up) is a real achievement.

Shep

I have just got full runs of Swamp Thing & Weird Mystery Tales in nice high grade, wondered if anyone wants to have a butcher's at them? (Missing ST #1 on its way seperately!!)

Little taster:

DSCN3437.jpg

DSCN3403.jpg