• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,915 posts in this topic

Happy Easter, Horrorheads!

I present the most chilling Easter story EVER!

http://www.besthorrorcomics.com/pdf/Hopping_Down.pdf

That book is a running joke in our family.

I need to post my 9.6 of that book when I get the chance. lol!

Best...story...ever. I can't look at bunnies anymore. They are EVIL!!!

Upgrade for my 9.4...I first found out about this title in the early 80s and got this issue at a flea market and was my first introduction to the series...Great stories in this ish!

sosh.jpg

and a very eerie cover , its great!

Based on my "favorite bronze horror" voting when I started the thread, the top five are:

1. House of Mystery

2. House of Secrets

3. Tomb of Dracula

4. Werewolf by Night

5. Witching Hour

It appears a mixture of DC anthology and the Marvel monster titles are both winners!

Sterling - all of those books had some top-quality writing and amazing art somewhere within their respective runs, as you well know. TOD holds up pretty darn well - was Gene Colan ever any better?

Sterling - all of those books had some top-quality writing and amazing art somewhere within their respective runs, as you well know. TOD holds up pretty darn well - was Gene Colan ever any better?

I agree--TOD is MY favorite Marvel monster book. It kinda went south for me with the whole baby / Drac goes to hell storyline, as well as the superhero overlap...but yes it holds up well as compared to the other titles. It also lasted for much longer than other titles. Gene Colan's prime achievement imo.

I have less respect for Frankie and WBN, however. The mummy isn't even in my radar.

I also think HOM, HOS and WH are by far the top three DC mystery, sort of how Sgt Rock and Haunted Tank (OOAW and GIC) stand out for many as the most popular of DC war.

For pure monster titles, I would rate the Wrightson Swamp Thing maybe a tick above Tomb of Dracula, but only for sheer spectacle and anticipation during its short run. The Ploog Werewolf By Night is a solid third.

I haven't posted here in a while, but I finally got this book slabbed and thought I'd share. It's a super tuff book to find in high grade. I think there is only one graded higher at 9.2. I thought this might have a shot at that grade, and may resubmit it some day. I had intended to sell this one, but might hold on to it for awhile. Great Bernie Wrightson cover!

HOM256-1.jpg