• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,946 posts in this topic

#15 was my first issue I purchased of the title off the stands...believe it or not. I remember seeing it on the spinner rack at the local convenient store just like it was yesterday. Sigh.

I don't know why this title gets so much disdain, but this was one of my favorite horror comics growing up, and as such as a special place in my heart. At the time I started reading comics, The House of Secrets and Witching Hour had already been cancelled and started to taking refuge in the Unexpected. The Creature Commandos wasn't too far off for Weird War Tales (to start the suckage), so SOHH, Unexpected, and House of Mystery were my top horror books at the time.

Mind you, Mr. E was just another regular "fill in" aka Dr. 13, I, Vampire, Johnny Peril, etc. but I enjoyed the title nonetheless. I still don't care for the Buckler covers, though. The Wrightson #5 and #44 (on a lesser scale) covers will be classics one day, I think.

Can someone tell me if House of Secrets 92 is a Bronze or Silver Age book? Or is more a matter of just being in the grey area?

It's a grey area. Depending on who you ask you'll get either answer since the definitive start of Bronze has so many candidates. I personally consider 15 centers Silver Age with 20 centers being the start of Bronze. Of course it's not that simple but it works for me and isn't too far from whatever issue emerges as the milestone in the future...

Jim