• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,935 posts in this topic

Your change the title of the thread idea stinks. Seriously. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Well reply where it is relevant.

And as regards the Babe Test - were you in the lavatory when they passed out a sense of humor? mad.gif

popcorn.gif

Your change the title of the thread idea stinks. Seriously. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Well reply where it is relevant.

And as regards the Babe Test - were you in the lavatory when they passed out a sense of humor? mad.gif

Start a poll.

And as regards the Babe Test - I heard you were passed out headfirst in the toilet when they passed out a sense of humor. boo.gif

Start a poll.

Why start a freaking poll? I made a suggestion. If people think it is a good idea they will follow it. If they don't they won't. I think it IS a good idea and will follow it. But a poll for this? Nah.

I heard you were passed out headfirst in the toilet when they passed out a sense of humor.

I KNEW that was you I saw there!

Now can we PLEASE stop trashing this thread and if you really don't like my idea muck up my thread? Thanks.

::typo/grammar edit::

Edited by povertyrow

Start a poll.

Why start a freaking poll? I made a suggestion. If people think it is a good idea they will follow it. If they don't they won't. I think it IS a good idea and will follow it. But a poll for this? Nah.

I heard you were passed out headfirst in the toilet when they passed out a sense of humor.

Now can we PLEASE stop trashing this thred and if you really don't think my idea muck up my thread? Thanks.

sleeping.gif

Start a poll.

Now can we PLEASE stop trashing this thred and if you really don't think my idea muck up my thread? Thanks.

sleeping.gif

Know what? Fine you win. Not sure WHAT you win but you win. You want to continue this fine - I shall not reply and just to please you I shall delete my posts from the thread.

Happy? Did I make your freaking day?

Start a poll.

sleeping.gif

Know what? Fine you win. Not sure WHAT you win but you win. You want to continue this fine - I shall not reply and just to please you I shall delete my posts from the thread.

Happy? Did I make your freaking day?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

POV, I love both of those HOS covers you posted. They are BOTH very EC-ish. And you know me, I am really diggin' these bronze horror books but my true undying love has always been with the time honored and respected ECs. All other anthology horror books just follow in their footsteps.

Regarding the title change idea, doesn't matter to me either way. I don't pay attention to each individual post's title anyway. Just show me the scans and I'm set.

So POV, I see Shiver and Sterling as the Bronze Horror gurus and you as the Pre-code Horror guru. Now that you are into both, care to explain the differences and give the plusses and minuses to each genre? Thanks-----Sid

POV, I love both of those HOS covers you posted. They are BOTH very EC-ish. And you know me, I am really diggin' these bronze horror books but my true undying love has always been with the time honored and respected ECs. All other anthology horror books just follow in their footsteps.

Regarding the title change idea, doesn't matter to me either way. I don't pay attention to each individual post's title anyway. Just show me the scans and I'm set.

So POV, I see Shiver and Sterling as the Bronze Horror gurus and you as the Pre-code Horror guru. Now that you are into both, care to explain the differences and give the plusses and minuses to each genre? Thanks-----Sid

Not yet - still reading - never read DC BA horror before a few months ago. Actually, one thing I am finding is that many stories I have read are quite similar in content and what the art portrays to the pre-codes! Which kind of surprised me!

hi pov! hi.gif

congrats on the HOS run Keith!

To me the biggest difference between pre and post code is there are not as many stories post code dealing with cherating spouses (Which of course come back from the dead, or pull limbs off, or sew mouths shut, or stab them in the heart with an icepick...). There are some, sure, but LOTS of pre codes dealt with that.

To me the biggest difference between pre and post code is there are not as many stories post code dealing with cherating spouses (Which of course come back from the dead, or pull limbs off, or sew mouths shut, or stab them in the heart with an icepick...). There are some, sure, but LOTS of pre codes dealt with that.

Or cook up husband Francois' organs in all manner of tasty dishes! Or make a baseball field and equipment out of innards! But you know? I always considered such stories to be in the minority even in pre-codes. For every one of those you get several that, well, are fun reads but just not at that level.

Well - EC is an exception but hell! EC is an exception ANYWAY! thumbsup2.gif

Or cook up husband Francois' organs in all manner of tasty dishes! Or make a baseball field and equipment out of innards! But you know? I always considered such stories to be in the minority even in pre-codes. For every one of those you get several that, well, are fun reads but just not at that level.

Well - EC is an exception but hell! EC is an exception ANYWAY! thumbsup2.gif

Geez, it seems as if that damn code really changed things. I would have thought that by 15-20 years later, once that Bronze was upon us, that the code would have loosened up enough to at least get back to the 1950's level of gore. I guess not. But what about today? Even today could a code approved book be published showing the level of gore that we saw 50 years ago in EC? I am not yearning for gore by any means, but I just find the history of all this fascinating. Some of this Wertham and comic censorship stuff is more interesting than the comics themselves. -----Sid