• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ATTENTION ALL CGC FORUM MEMBERS:

22 posts in this topic

I just wanted to alert all of you that inexplicably, Ian still needs 12 DC books.

Im not sure too many were aware of this important fact!

And that he has not quit the chase and is quite frustrated that the pace has slackened.

Please take notice and pay homage!!

smile.gifblush.gif893frustrated.gifgossip.gif

Doubles of Strawberry Shortcake 1-6?

How on earth could you possibly have known? Are you spying on me? I'd better add some more foil to my helmet. And get rid of those annoying dental fillings.

i've been around for about two weeks, and could swear that there is a section dedicated to trading/buying/selling and posting wanted ads called the marketplace. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

but maybe this ian guy is important. or maybe he's just imaging he is.

either way, i think there are better ways of approaching his search than to redundantly post about his wants on these message boards.

i've decided that if i were ever to find these books (which i'm pretty sure will never happen), i would contact ian, demand my price for the books, and whether or not he agrees to my price, i'd sooner burn them before i ever gave them to him.

but its the kind of behavioural tendency that comes from my exasperated and easily irritated personality. that, and the fact that all this talk about someone completing a comic collecting goal is about as exciting to me as passing gas.

Wow! Look at all the a-holes! This must be the PGC (Proctologist's Guaranty Corporation) message board?

Christ, accentuate the positive, already. The guy goes from making twice-daily threads about his obsession to making ONE new thread in the last three weeks and you guys are jumping all over him. Get over it, gents. Personal growth can occur outside your pants, too.

Wow! Look at all the a-holes! This must be the PGC (Proctologist's Guaranty Corporation) message board?

Christ, accentuate the positive, already. The guy goes from making twice-daily threads about his obsession to making ONE new thread in the last three weeks and you guys are jumping all over him. Get over it, gents. Personal growth can occur outside your pants, too.

I agree with you about accentuating the positive. I think where people are getting a bit tired of Mr Levine (and I have nothing personal against this gentleman), is that every post he starts has something to do with his "obsession/collection". Just a thought here, but what if he were to post about something else for a change. If might get the "haters" off his back. Just a thought.

I for one will be happy when he completes his quest. I wish him well. But this is a CGC board, where sometimes, no one seems to talk about graded books anymore.

I think there is a direct connection between Ian's obsession/focus, and the fact that he has nearly completed this astonishing collection. If he was more well rounded regarding other topics of discussion, he'd probably be years away from completing the collection. Just an observation.

I think there is a direct connection between Ian's obsession/focus, and the fact that he has nearly completed this astonishing collection. If he was more well rounded regarding other topics of discussion, he'd probably be years away from completing the collection. Just an observation.

True. But my observation was in response to the negative posts against him. I'm sure a couple of posts on different subjects would stop people from cringing everytime they open one of his posts, only to discover that it is yet another post about himself. Just a thought... flowerred.gif

Ian's posts aren't usually about himself. They're about his collection. He also posts a lot of general comic information in the Golden Age section and is a good resource. He also seems like a decent guy who would help a fellow collector by giving him a good deal on a hard-to-find duplicate if he were in a position to help. I've seen him make this offer a dozen times.

Personally, I enjoy reading Ian's posts about the Great Chase for the remaining books. I get a little annoyed at how whiny he gets when he's worried he's been ripped off, especially since he could easily avoid those problems by following advice he gets from others. But the amount of annoyance I get from Ian is greatly outmatched by how much fun I have by getting to observe him putting together one of the greatest collections in history.

True. But my observation was in response to the negative posts against him. I'm sure a couple of posts on different subjects would stop people from cringing everytime they open one of his posts, only to discover that it is yet another post about himself. Just a thought... flowerred.gif