• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Punisher Versus Kill Bill Vol. 2 this weekend! Who will win at box office?

Who will win at the box office?  

174 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win at the box office?

50 posts in this topic

Most people either loved Punisher or hated it. I loved it. I also agree that the big screen is the way to go. There are a couple of cheesey parts, but if you can get over that, the movie itself is very good and exciting.

Looks like there isn't any other action movies coming out in the next 2 weeks. Guess the Punisher and Kill Bill 2 will keep battling for the box office crown. Lets see if KB2 can hang onto the lead.

It will. Kill Bill 2 was pretty good. I'm alreayd planning on watching the Punisher on DVD since I heard it was just okay tongue.gif

Don't be so sure that action movies will dominate the top of the box offiice. gossip.gif

Looks like there isn't any other action movies coming out in the next 2 weeks. Guess the Punisher and Kill Bill 2 will keep battling for the box office crown. Lets see if KB2 can hang onto the lead.

Personally I hated Kill Bill part 1 and probably won't bother going to see part 2. Having said that I am not exactly ready to rush out to see The Punisher either.

What else is out this week? confused-smiley-013.gif

I think that 13 going on 30 comes out this weekend... blush.gif

Yes it does 893applaud-thumb.gif

Personally I hated Kill Bill part 1 and probably won't bother going to see part 2. Having said that I am not exactly ready to rush out to see The Punisher either.

What else is out this week? confused-smiley-013.gif

I think that 13 going on 30 comes out this weekend... blush.gif

Looks like KB2 beat the Punisher again this weekend. Guess KB2 is the undisputed winner.

Watched 'Man On Fire' this weekend. I must say that I was totally surprised. Awesome movie! Definitely worth seeing. It is based on a true story. It is just as good if not better than KB2 and the Punisher.

Looks like KB2 beat the Punisher again this weekend. Guess KB2 is the undisputed winner.

Watched 'Man On Fire' this weekend. I must say that I was totally surprised. Awesome movie! Definitely worth seeing. It is based on a true story. It is just as good if not better than KB2 and the Punisher.

It might have made more money, but punisher is a far better movie...Kill Bill 2 was terrible...I almost got up and left...the acting was horribly, the dialogue was terrible...and david carradine gave one of the worst preformances I have ever seen...

I called my buddy right after I left that movie and bi*tched him out for telling me to see that movie..I could have rented a movie and order dinner for the price of 2 tickets to that movie...

Punisher at least was entertaining...Kill Bill 2 never even came close to being entertaining...Probably not QT's fault...You can really see where they made him make it into 2 movies and it totally made the second movie suck hard...I wish that I would have seen Man On Fire instead....

...on a side note...little can be gleamed from how much money a movie makes...13 going on 30 made more money than Kill Bill 2 made and I would dare say that it was not better....Though considering how bad Kill Bill 2 was....it would not be hard for the the millionth remake of that idea to be better than it...oh well....

As much as i hate to keep talking about this ( and dawgphan-I'm not picking on you. You just happened to be the last post in this thread)....box office numbers really do mean nothing sometimes. Brazil bombed and it's IMO, one of the best movies made in the last 20+ years. KB2 is simply a better movie in ALL aspects regardless of whether it beats Punisher or not in terms of money made. This shouldn't even be a matter of opinion. If you honestly liked the Punisher better, point blank, you have bad taste. Period.

get your story straight, man....

You just made the point with Brazil that taste is subjective: very few people saw it and liked it but you love it. Cool. I liked it too.

Then you turn around and criticize someone else for not agreeing with you. Cant have it both ways. According to your logic , YOU have bad taste period for liking Brazil when others dont.

Then you turn around and criticize someone else for not agreeing with you. Cant have it both ways. According to your logic , YOU have bad taste period for liking Brazil when others dont.

No he's stating that while there are one in a hundred exceptions, if you take two equivalent movies released at the same point in time, the box office numbers do tell the tale.

Seriously, if anyone believes that Punisher is a superior movie to KB2, I'd recommend a brain transplant.

actually, two similar genre movies opening in the same week doesnt measure quality, it only reflects "want to see factor" which is directly related to the marketing budget, pedigree (casting, tech credits) reviews (but not in this genre) and finally, most importantly, word of mouth.

Kill Bill was by far the greater pedigree with Tarantino, and the want to see factor coming off of the successful Bill#1. And Miramax's marketing is, as everyone knows, far superior to Lions Gate (Lions who???) who had released exactly ONE movie on 2000 plus screens before this: just a month ago, DIRTY DANCING 2. (I rest my case on that comparison). I was seeing a lot of TV that week and Uma was everywhere!!! Not so Jane or Travolta.

So in threatre word of mouth would have had to be AWESOME for the Friday numbers (based on pre-opening expectations and desires to see Punisher) to increase by Sunday to change the minds of moviegoers who had not planned initially to see it. Obviously, as flawed as it is, that was not in the cards.

and, who says grosses reflect quality in films?????? I havent seen KB 1 or 2 yet so I cant compare, but I'm pretty positive that they are more fun to watch and better shot edited and written than Punisher. But I enjoyed a lot of Punny, even with the stupid stuff. I also walked out wondering where the heck the police were? and why the lobby security cameras didnt film the shootings. And why the guns were still in the shack. As for Travolta sending one lone assassin to kill Frank? jeeez, JC, havent you ever read a comic book before???