• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHO WINS??

120 posts in this topic

imo Spider-Dan won because he indicated what comic he wanted

Would you feel the same was if Shootin' Str8 had entered a typo, like:

Spider-Man 54

:takeit:

Would that disqualify him in your eyes? You can see by the link to the post being replied to that it was the Spider-Man 45 he was taking. Why is this not enough?

The Boards have clear rules

I would love to see the board lawyers wade in on this one :lol:

I don't see them being clear cut at all.

The only place I've seen your 'theory' attempted to be enforced was in the foolkiller blood baths.

It is up to the seller to state his specific rules of engagement if he wants, or to make decisions as things occur. We do the same merry-go-round on PMs vs. posts.

Your right - The seller does have the right to specify his rules, provided they are clearly stated in his 1st post BEFORE the selling begins

Can a seller demand PP personal AFTER the sale if not specified in the thread?

A seller can never demand PP personal BEFORE, DURING or AFTER.

And NO, a seller doesn't have to specify their rules up front. It just makes it easier on the seller and the buyers if they do.

Spider-Man 54

Would that disqualify him in your eyes? You can see by the link to the post being replied to that it was the Spider-Man 45 he was taking. Why is this not enough?

Yes it would disqualify him imo, but thats not the issue right now so who cares. Get it right or you don't win. Sounds fair to me.

Why is this not enough?

Because Western affluence has given us the luxury of using our energies in the most inane of ways. Collectors are particularly adept at doing this.

Spider-Man 54

It is "enough" Not once in this thread have I cried that I didnt get the book, nor did I cry to the seller. I did point out the guidelines to him, which he respoded I was right and offered the book to me. I told the seller that the other buyer made a rookie mistake and he can have it.

I wanted to start a friendly discussion on how thing are supposed to work, and get some insight from other boardies.

And No to your Spidey 54 question, there was not a 54 offered before he posted the Ill take it. It would have been obvious that he meant 45. It not obvious in this case because thier were 2 books before his post

The only place I've seen your 'theory' attempted to be enforced was in the foolkiller blood baths.

It is up to the seller to state his specific rules of engagement if he wants, or to make decisions as things occur. We do the same merry-go-round on PMs vs. posts.

Your right - The seller does have the right to specify his rules, provided they are clearly stated in his 1st post BEFORE the selling begins

And NO, a seller doesn't have to specify their rules up front. It just makes it easier on the seller and the buyers if they do.

Oh - So the PP personal rule HAS to be followed, but not the other rule in question?

Oh - So the PP personal rule HAS to be followed, but not the other rule in question?

That sounds like you're upset, but I'll take your word for it that you're not. :foryou:

The PP rule is clear as day. You can't ask for PP Personal. The other rule has obviously proven not to be perfectly clear, as there is some debate about what constitutes "indication." If the wording were changed so that you MUST write the name & number of the comic, for instance, then it'd be a lot clearer.

EDIT: And a lot lamer.

The forum rule is a guideline with absolutely no legal binding. The PP personal is clearly defined in the legal section that you agreed to when becoming a member of Paypal that binds you to follow and clearly states they will waive the fee they impose for a gift or transfer of money to a friend or family member.

It would be construed as fraud since you are clearly buying/selling goods that does not even come close to the guidelines for acceptable PP personal.

Is this thread really even needed for a $20 ASM? I mean it just seems so petty...

Very nice looking $20 ASM :applause:

As long as we are voting here, I saw this go down while it was happening.

My initial reaction was Spider-Dan should win the book. While it may seem

petty the same thing may happen on a big book and it's good to talk it out.

My feeling is by doing the 'fair' thing and ignoring the rules we are asking for trouble. This incident may set precedent for the rules to simply be ignored in the future. I don't like it. Sorry.

That's pretty much my take as well. It's the principle.

And I don't get what people are saying that which book was specified by clicking on the User ID...Frankly, it doesn't seem to work for me, and I've never heard that being used in a sales thread until now. I never even knew there was such functionality. (And again, I'm not convinced it works for everybody. Doesn't seem to for me.) The rules seem to imply to state the specific book in the post .

Not rely on "computer tricks" and Sherlock Holmes what was intended.

Also, see my previous post a couple of pages back about the mind set of people that don't take the time to type the specific book...

So marvelcollector, if you click on the little "bomber-bob" link at the top of your post, it doesn't open a new window and jump down the page directly to his post? What browser are you using? It's called a "named anchor," and it's been around since the early days of the Internet.

This controversy has already been overly debated, I'm just interested to find out whether these links really don't work for some people.

I think Dan did the right thing..He let the other guy have it.A clear rookie mistake by the other guy was made.

As far as this"named anchor" thats kind of pointless as the average guy cant see that unless he is instructed on how to do so.. We should not have to investigate or even click on anything to see what book he wants.Should be in the thread for all to CLEARLY SEE . I have used the internet since Al Gore invented it and have NEVER heard of a named achor till you brought it up.

I can see why Dan wants the book and feels it is rightfully his per the board guidlines but its 20 bucks and like many have said a common book . I am sure he will find another ..

I think Dan did the right thing..He let the other guy have it.A clear rookie mistake by the other guy was made.

As far as this"named anchor" thats kind of pointless as the average guy cant see that unless he is instructed on how to do so.. We should not have to investigate or even click on anything to see what book he wants.Should be in the thread for all to CLEARLY SEE . I have used the internet since Al Gore invented it and have NEVER heard of a named achor till you brought it up.

I can see why Dan wants the book and feels it is rightfully his per the board guidlines but its 20 bucks and like many have said a common book . I am sure he will find another ..

Thank you, you said it clearly (thumbs u

And, again, no, it does not appear to work for me, and I am using IE...

Which version of IE?

If you go here: http://music.barnesandnoble.com/Flogging-a-Dead-Horse/The-Sex-Pistols/e/77778675228/?itm=1&USRI=flogging+a+dead+horse and click on the "1 customer rating" link to the right of the album cover, does it jump down the page?

Which version of IE?

If you go here: http://music.barnesandnoble.com/Flogging-a-Dead-Horse/The-Sex-Pistols/e/77778675228/?itm=1&USRI=flogging+a+dead+horse and click on the "1 customer rating" link to the right of the album cover, does it jump down the page?

That did work.

The bomber bob one didn't; took me several posts above his.

It's the not newest version of IE, 7 I think.

Who won :shrug:

Well, based on the thread starter's actions, I would think the winners would be anyone who likes movies such as Fatal Attraction or Basic Instinct.

Old people? :shrug: