• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade my X-men #1....

24 posts in this topic

I don't think that a cleaner staple necessarily implies a replaced staple. I've seen numerous examples of comics where the top staple is cleaner than the bottom. Don't know why this is, but I don't think it always means it's been cleaned or replaced.

To me, the apparent extra holes on the spine near the top staple make me think "replaced", but you'd really have to check the centerfold.

In any case, I think VG- 3.5 just for general wear. Structurally sound, a perfect reader. thumbsup2.gif

I agree it is not the end all for determining staple replacement but it is an indication at from the cursory inspection of a scan. There is still rust on the holes where the staple was but there appears to be little or none on the staple. If there is no rust, where did the rust marks come from on the paper. Bottom line it is impossible to tell from a scan.

There is still rust on the holes where the staple was but there appears to be little or none on the staple. If there is no rust, where did the rust marks come from on the paper. Bottom line it is impossible to tell from a scan.

Indeedy! You sometimes (often) cannot tell from a scan.