• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Well boys and girls, my GI Joe Collection survived the Joplin tornado but....

31 posts in this topic

my Jeep did not...

before...

DSC00802.jpg

after...

DSC01023.jpg

My wife was on duty at St. John's hospital in the ER and got beat with some debris but kept working during the aftermath. I was in New Mexico and found out by a friend in KY, then couldn't get ahold of my wife or son for HOURS. Drove all night back to Joplin and HOLY it was destoyed!! Sucks my Jeeps a total loss but overjoyed my family was safe (as well as the old comic collection!).

Here's Joplin Station 2 (I worked as a firefighter for Joplin, moved to a different department in 2003.)

DSC01051.jpg

Oh my God! :o You know I have family in Sulfur Springs Texas near the Arkansas border,every time I talk to them they say how could I live in California with all those Earthquakes.Wha! I can handle a little shaking every now and again,but Tornadoes are just devastating.Glad your family is safe,too bad about the Jeep though. :eek:

Thanks... it was crazy for a while. Then after I finally got through to them I kept thinking, "thank god I just purchased insurance on the comics!", lol. But the house remained completely untouched. It had been on the market for about 2 months and then 2 days after the tornado someone bought it for cash! I'm getting the family to New Mexico by the end of the weekend!

Thanks... it was crazy for a while. Then after I finally got through to them I kept thinking, "thank god I just purchased insurance on the comics!", lol. But the house remained completely untouched. It had been on the market for about 2 months and then 2 days after the tornado someone bought it for cash! I'm getting the family to New Mexico by the end of the weekend!

Good for you. :applause: I can't imagine living in Tornado alley and having to worry every year whether my house would survive the next group of tornadoes. :eek:

Glad your family was safe, just a miracle more people weren't hurt, saw the Home Depot on Cnn, just a total disaster.

It was totally insane. Seen a few cities after a tornado and always marveled at the damage but this was a whole other level. Dead center of the city from one side all the way through to the other! I am surprised of the number of people who survived!

This year might be a record year for F-5 tornadoes if it's not already, I mean everything your taught as a kid to get inside your restroom, doesn't apply to this type of tornado, I think basements or storm cellars are a must now, these can strike anywhere and never say never.

This year might be a record year for F-5 tornadoes if it's not already, I mean everything your taught as a kid to get inside your restroom, doesn't apply to this type of tornado, I think basements or storm cellars are a must now, these can strike anywhere and never say never.
I have to agree.

WOW! That certainly puts things into perspective. Glad to hear you and your family are okay. And, of course, more importantly, that the comics are okay :)

Glad everyone's okay... I have a lot of friends in Joplin and I'm pleased to report that, as of Thursday, everyone had been accounted for and is fine. Several of them are without housing at this point, but I'd much rather lose one of their houses than one of them.