• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics Shop price guide - opinions?

26 posts in this topic

Thank you for not giving me a hard time on my point (thumbs u

Oh, I make it bold 'cause my eyes are kinda bad, so at least I can easily read what I type.

Plus for some reason I find I need to add "vocal" inflections to type

But I'll give everyone a break.

This time ;)

Hold down the ctrl button and spin the wheel on your mouse in the forward direction.

Thank you for not giving me a hard time on my point (thumbs u

Oh, I make it bold 'cause my eyes are kinda bad, so at least I can easily read what I type.

Plus for some reason I find I need to add "vocal" inflections to type

But I'll give everyone a break.

This time ;)

Those italics were very effective (thumbs u

I would say from your example that Overstreet did it's job. It provided a $10,000 asking price, and you sold it for $9000. That's a 10% differential...which I think is acceptable for any Guide price and lends weight to the Guide's accuracy.

Comics Shop is quoting up to 60% differentials, all lower, and that seems way off to me. Comics Shop is quoting on NM, which I assume is 9.4, but even if it's 9.2:

Action #2 for 30k?

Showcase #22 for $5600?

Or even Tomb of Dracula #1 for $100?

Where are they getting those figures? Are they quoting in some other currency?

I would say from your example that Overstreet did it's job. It provided a $10,000 asking price, and you sold it for $9000. That's a 10% differential...which I think is acceptable for any Guide price and lends weight to the Guide's accuracy.

Comics Shop is quoting up to 60% differentials, all lower, and that seems way off to me. Comics Shop is quoting on NM, which I assume is 9.4, but even if it's 9.2:

Action #2 for 30k?

Showcase #22 for $5600?

Or even Tomb of Dracula #1 for $100?

Where are they getting those figures? Are they quoting in some other currency?

:frustrated:

Okaaaay, then I "sold" it $7500!! AHHHHHH!

;)