• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need Help. What comic had this story (werewolf and silver mine)?

3 posts in this topic

I was away for training for a week and met lots of new friends. One in particular and I started discussing the recent and upcoming run of superhero movies which eventually led to discussion of comics. Although he is not a collector, he did mention to me that he would love to track down a particular comic from his childhood. He doesn't know the title. The story is about a werewolf and possibly concludes in a silver mine and where the werewolf's adversary shoots up into the mine causing said werewolf to be covered in silver (perhaps killing said werewolf). I am familiar with Marvel's "Werewolf By Night" so do not think this story is in that title. My new friend did mention that he used to read "Creepy Things", but does not believe that is the title either since he's found online versions of possibly 5 or 6 of those. I mentioned that I frequented a comic chat board where I thought the community could easily figure this out, so here I am. Any body have any ideas? BTW, he also said he has tried Google searches of various combinations of "werewolf", "silver mine", and "prospector" with no luck.

No idea, but let me throw a similar request up (from my youth):

99% sure it was a Gold Key Boris Karloff, maybe a Twilight Zone, came out by the very early 1980's or earlier

Story was a guy who went into a haunted house for the night, came out the next morning with white hair and mentally shattered/mumbling

I looked at all the covers on comics.org but didn't recognize any

There is an EC story exactly like that. I am going to say it occured in either Strange Suspenses Stories or Tales from the Crypt. It definately occured in one of the issues that were reprinted in the Color EC HardCovers from the past few years as those are the only EC comics I have read.