• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'Newbie' needs advice on Annuals...

17 posts in this topic

Hello,

I normally hang out in the PMG forums for currency collecting, however, I do collect CGC graded comic books in 9.2 condition or above. That being said, I was wondering if 'annuals,' mainly first issue annuals, were a good overall investment. I was thinking of buying either Captain America Annual #1 or The Avengers Annual #1. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this...

I thank you in advance for your time...

PS Happy Memorial Day!

I'm not sure if the 2 annuals you mentioned (threadstarter) would be the best candidates. Maybe a high grade Strange Tales annual 2 or ASM annual 1?

+1

Thanks guys! Maybe I am better off going after that Tomb of Dracula #1 in CGC 9.4 or 9.6 I have always wanted...but haven't had time to buy. Thanks mainly to my latest paper money collecting obsession!

I'd be leary of any annuals that are all reprint material....although ST Annual 1 is kindah neat as I think it was Marvel's fist annual and ST Annual 2 is kindah undervalued in guide based on "rarity" (if it is the 4th app. of spiderman as one of my guides says, it is sure worth a heck of a lot less in OPG than ASM 5 by a huge margin, which doesn't make that much sense (kindah the same way MTU Annual 1 pre-dates a bunch of early "new" x-men appearances and is worth A LOT less)

Annuals don't seem to have gotten as much respect price-wise as a lot of other books, which is odd, because you'd think those square bounds would be even harder to find in high grade due to spine splits.