• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading goal in sight posted by duckduckmike

1 post in this topic

Long way off, but I've got the "cap".

This weekend after picking up a few more X-Men cgcs for my 1-201 run, I put together a budget and projection. I could have done this sooner, but it's less daunting with where I'm at now.

I have approx 90 books registered in my set here, and I have 30 in "verified" limbo on my last order (I understand that there's a bit of a backlog...)

So adding in 5 books I bought this weekend that were 9.8's, I have about 125 CGCs to my name for the set. Looking over my last 75 outstanding, I can put a price on the submissions, which is a bit scary but it's there. I also know I'm 8 books short right now of the whole run, so some of these may be bought as CGCs, or I may buy them raw and slab them later. And some books, though I own them, I may pick up a better CGCd copy if I come across it.

It is a bit spooky, but if you're a young CGC collector or an old coot (I'm in the "middle coot" category), I *highly* recommend auditing your collection and goal. It's just good financial sense, plus it gives you some goals short term and long term to aim for.

Once I have my 1-201 run which should be by the end of this year, I'll be slowly churning and upgrading existing copies, which is a whole other ball of wax...

See more journals by duckduckmike