• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OFFICIAL 2011 (Wizard World) Chicago Comicon Forum Dinner!

60 posts in this topic

:applause:

$ sent

:whee:

You, sir, have balls of titanium. That has to be a 11 or 12 footer? It could easily eat your camera, flippers, tank, then you and be quite satisfied with each portion of the meal!

Yes, I do -- I had them replaced with bionic titanium balls after they were bit off!

Seriously though -- sharks are not like that. I dive with them a lot and they are fish eaters, not people eaters. Thankfully.

(thumbs u

:bump:

The Details:

What:

CGC Forum Dinner - Chicago

When:

Saturday, August 13th, 6:00pm - ?? (Dinner at 8:00pm)

Where:

The Stephens Room, Gibson's Steakhouse, 5464 North River Road, Rosemont, IL (right across the street from the con!)

Why:

TO PARTY!

Who:

PedigreeMan (PAID)

klozd24seven + 1? 3? 10?

TheEnabler

cgcworld + 1

catrick339 (PAID)

143ksk PAID

Moondog + 4-6?

Watcher (PAID)

Electricprune

1koko (PAID)

Logan510 + 1 (PAID)

Sharkey (PAID)

CentaurMan (PAID)

Steve Borock + ??

(Tentative)

G.A.tor (When did family take precedence over geeking out?)

aardvark88 (Would rather look at fishes than comic geeks)

ciorac

Torrey

stagedoorjohnny

How Much:

$80 per person. Paypal (personal) to me-- aflenard@ameritech.net -- and please put your board name in the comments section.

We're two -- count 'em, TWO -- weeks away from when I need to give Gibson's the final headcount lock-in, and if we're not at a number approaching 35 we're going to be jammed into a smaller room sans the awesome bar! So sign-up already! Harassing PMs from Brad or me will soon be arriving!!

The Details:

What:

When:

Where:

The Stephens Room, Gibson's Steakhouse, 5464 North River Road, Rosemont, IL (right across the street from the con!)

Why:

TO PARTY!

Who:

PedigreeMan (PAID)

klozd24seven + 1? 3? 10?

TheEnabler

cgcworld + 1

catrick339 (PAID)

143ksk (PAID)

Moondog + 4-6?

Watcher (PAID)

Electricprune (PAID)

1koko (PAID)

Logan510 + 1 (PAID)

Sharkey (PAID)

CentaurMan (PAID)

Steve Borock + ??

silverandbronze

icculus308win + 1 (PAID)

(Tentative)

aardvark88 (Would rather look at fishes than comic geeks!)

ciorac (Would rather give Billy Parker the love than us!)

Torrey

stagedoorjohnny

VintageComics

How Much:

$80 per person. Paypal (personal) to me-- aflenard@ameritech.net -- and please put your board name in the comments section.

We're in the home stretch here, people, and we're still AT BEST 10 people away from the MINIMUM we need to get the big room. If we are not close to 35 CONFIRMED guests by Wednesday morning, I am locking us in at a lower number and we're going to be jammed into a room half the size than we've been used to the past 7 years or so. That will also SEVERELY restrict the number of latecomers that we'll be able to accommodate, so if you're even THINKING about coming, sign up now!

Here's a link to last year's thread. Surf to the last couple of pages to see what kinds of awesome fun we had. More of the same is expected this year!

If we have a smaller room, does that mean we have to walk out of it to get to the bar? I'm just curious how difficult it's going to be for me to get drunk hm

If we have a smaller room, does that mean we have to walk out of it to get to the bar? I'm just curious how difficult it's going to be for me to get drunk hm

Nope, there will still be a "bar" in the room ... it will just be a couple of tables set up with various forms of alcohol on it. Functional, but not very fun. :(

People....please sign up for this, you will not regret it. Last year was my first year time and it was awesome. I brought my wife..who isn't even a big comicbook fan ( she likes Japanese comics ) and SHE had a great time. Seriously...anyone who passes on this is a bit of a weenie :baiting:

The Details:

What:

When:

Where:

Why:

TO PARTY!

Who:

PedigreeMan (PAID)

klozd24seven + 1? 3? 10?

TheEnabler + 1 (PAID)

cgcworld + 1

catrick339 (PAID)

143ksk (PAID)

Moondog + 4-6?

Watcher (PAID)

Electricprune (PAID)

1koko (PAID)

Logan510 + 1 (PAID)

Sharkey (PAID)

CentaurMan (PAID)

Steve Borock (PAID)

Borock's Mystery Guests?

silverandbronze

icculus308win + 1 (PAID)

Chunkybutt (PAID)

(Tentative)

aardvark88 (Would rather look at fishes than comic geeks!)

ciorac (Would rather give Billy Parker the love than us!)

Torrey

stagedoorjohnny

VintageComics

How Much:

I have to lock in the final number of guests exactly 24 hours from now, and we're still a bit short of where I would like us to be at. It looks like we should be able to get the entire Stephen's Room, but I would be breathing a lot easier if a few more people confirmed today.

Here's a link to last year's thread. Surf to the last couple of pages to see what kinds of awesome fun we had. More of the same is expected this year!

:applause:

And we're locked in!

We made the minimum number required to get the entire room, so there will be plenty of open seats available for any stragglers. Stop on by Booth 729 (Moondog's) and ask for either Alan (me) or Brad (klozd24seven) if you're one of those last minute people. ALL ARE WELCOME!! I guarantee you'll have a good time ... if you don't you can kick Steve Borock in the nutz! :kidaround: