• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official Low-Mid grade thread!

173 posts in this topic

How low can we go? Other than the stains, the large chunk out of the cover, and the pieces missing from the interior this is a real nice copy!! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

allselect1.jpg

nice book! 893applaud-thumb.gif Does Sandman have an origin???

Yes, as noted below, but the most embarrassing thing was Spidey beat him by using a simple vacum cleaner.

How did a tough guy like the Sandman ever live that down? confused.gif

How low can we go?

I was thinking of presentable low-mid grade books, not POS ones like that Hulk 181.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You know, Aces, I think this is a GREAT idea for a thread. It os good to see how nice the lower grade books can actually look. In a couple of weeks I will be expanding from pre-code horror to creating a broader GA collection and think VG is gonna be the grade of choice $$$-wise.

BUT! I wonder of we can have this thread moved to the General rather than the SA, since a lot of things coming out are not SA? Would that rub your rhubarb or would you be ok with that? I'm sure Arch would be happy to comply with such a desire. (I hear Arch is very happy to comply with many desires! grin.gif)

You know, Aces, I think this is a GREAT idea for a thread. It os good to see how nice the lower grade books can actually look. In a couple of weeks I will be expanding from pre-code horror to creating a broader GA collection and think VG is gonna be the grade of choice $$$-wise.

BUT! I wonder of we can have this thread moved to the General rather than the SA, since a lot of things coming out are not SA? Would that rub your rhubarb or would you be ok with that? I'm sure Arch would be happy to comply with such a desire. (I hear Arch is very happy to comply with many desires! grin.gif)

Don't you dare rub my rhubarb! 893naughty-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gifblush.gif

Sure, I'd guess moving it to Comics General would be fine (pun intended wink.gif ).

I put it here because the only low grade comics I have are my early Silver. I try to get everything from 1966-up in at least VF.

Love those early FF's. Makes me want to crack open my slabbs. cloud9.gif

Go for it !! I've cracked 90% of my slabs....

You have no idea how cool it is to read the letter pages of those 1961/1962 Marvel issues... thumbsup2.gif

Here's another perfect book for this thread

ff5.jpg

I'll see your 5 Chrome, and raise you 2.....to number 7. Another much-loved non-cgc mid-grade lovely in my collection. Anybody got a nice midgrade 6 to show?

FF07.jpg

I'll see your 5 Chrome, and raise you 2.....to number 7. Another much-loved non-cgc mid-grade lovely in my collection. Anybody got a nice midgrade 6 to show?

acclaim.gif

Broken out of a CGC 4.5 holder...

453172-Copy%20of%20FF6CGC.jpg

589a8c553009d_453172-CopyofFF6CGC.jpg.9c1d4c564354f4966e071c59ffabc2bf.jpg