• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men: First Class as good as Iron Man

52 posts in this topic

I just found out I have to work for a few hours tomorrow. First Saturday in almost 5 years.

I'll miss out on the matinee prices, so I may not be able to see it until Sunday. :cry:

XFC was better than Iron Man, in my opinion.

That's what I'm talkin about. I can't wait to see it! :whee:

I liked the movie...good solid 6.9

My list:

1.XM 2

2.IM

3.XFC

4.Thor

5.Hulk

No one scene has topped the impact of Nightcrawler breaking into the White House and Magneto escaping from Prison....

I liked the movie...good solid 6.9

My list:

1.XM 2

2.IM

3.XFC

4.Thor

5.Hulk

No one scene has topped the impact of Nightcrawler breaking into the White House and Magneto escaping from Prison....

Magneto's escape was awesome! I loved that scene.

I liked it, but must admit was really let down. Something was missing, and it was not Wolverine.

Thor was much better IMHO.

Actors were very good, I just think the story was a bit bland.

herc

I finally got to see it today. IMO, this is easily in the top 3 comic movies of all time. I thought it was fantastic.

They had a lot of characters to introduce and develop in 2 hours, and they did a great job of it.

I really can't think of anything I hated about the movie, which is unheard of in a superhero movie. They all have something I thought was so bad it was out of place with the rest of the movie, but this one didn't have it.

Perfect casting on the part of everyone...and Magneto is one badass mofo. (worship)

5 out of 5 stars from me. This was as close to perfection as it gets. :cloud9:

So I was wrong with the topic of this thread. I think this movie was even BETTER than Iron Man. :whee:

I liked Thor better than both of them. I spent the whole Xmen movie trying to figure out who the red guy and the "twister "guy were. I thought Xavier and Eric looked too much alike and I mistook them for each other some of the time. (Edited to say I'm not normally a movie fan.)

What I missed most about the Xmen movie was the recognizability of the actors. How can you replace Haille Berry, Rebecca Romain Stamos, Anna Paquin, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellan etc(sp on all of those) with people I've never heard of and be just as good?

I also thought the Wolverine vulgarity was totally unnecessary and if I had taken a kid, I would have been very upset.

You might think that I'm an old man and a prude. You're right on both counts.

I finally got to see it today. IMO, this is easily in the top 3 comic movies of all time. I thought it was fantastic.

They had a lot of characters to introduce and develop in 2 hours, and they did a great job of it.

I really can't think of anything I hated about the movie, which is unheard of in a superhero movie. They all have something I thought was so bad it was out of place with the rest of the movie, but this one didn't have it.

Perfect casting on the part of everyone...and Magneto is one badass mofo. (worship)

So I was wrong with the topic of this thread. I think this movie was even BETTER than Iron Man. :whee:

And this is the same boardie that said the new X-Men movie was going to suck :baiting: :baiting:

I have to tease you Dice (:

And this is the same boardie that said the new X-Men movie was going to suck :baiting: :baiting:

No, ma'am. I predicted that X-Men was going to be better than everyone else was giving it credit. I expected this movie to be good, but not as good as it was. Wow!

I said that Thor (I was wrong) and Green Lantern (I'm still standing my position) were going to suck. The Green Lantern toes pretty much iced the cake on me getting that one right. lol

No, ma'am. I predicted that X-Men was going to be better than everyone else was giving it credit. I expected this movie to be good, but not as good as it was. Wow!

I said that Thor (I was wrong) and Green Lantern (I'm still standing my position) were going to suck. The Green Lantern toes pretty much iced the cake on me getting that one right. lol

My mistake :foryou:

But I still want to see the Green Lantern movie :insane:

I'm still a bit jaded over the Magneto origin changes.

They changed it just to connect to Sebastian Shaw to bring the movie full circle. I get it, but it felt like they left so much of the powerful stuff out.

Particularly, I immediately think of the Classic X-Men back-up stories from Chris Claremont. (#12 and #19 I think). When we see Magneto fall in love in the concentration camp and escape with his true love. Then when his powers manifest he's forced to watch his daughter burn to death, because the people feared him and set his home on fire. His wife leaves him because she sees he's a mutant and calls him a monster. Then he falls in love again later in life and she too gets killed by people hunting him.

Those stories really built Magneto into the tragic character.

While the opening scene in the movie between Magneto and Shaw was cool, it doesn't make me think of Magneto as the Malcolm X to Professor Xavier's Martin Luthor King. It just makes him someone looking for revenge. meh

At least they did use X-Men #150. The ending of the movie was totally inspired from that comic, which is a classic Magneto issue. (thumbs u