• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there a Mile High master list ?

28 posts in this topic

For me, the first, and foremost, way to identify a Church copy is the smell. I've owned a bunch of them over the years (and still do) and they all smell exactly the same, regardless of the year they're from. There are other pedigrees that match or surpass specific Church copies, but not one of them smells like them.

Start sniffing!!!

Have you ever tried to sniff out a slabbed book? I mean, do you think you could still smell it if it was already slabbed? I'm not about to break anything out just to smell it :popcorn:

Here is a hint... If it doesn't say Mile High on the label it doesn't matter what it smells like, it won't be a Mile High in a buyer's mind.

For me, the first, and foremost, way to identify a Church copy is the smell. I've owned a bunch of them over the years (and still do) and they all smell exactly the same, regardless of the year they're from. There are other pedigrees that match or surpass specific Church copies, but not one of them smells like them.

Start sniffing!!!

Have you ever tried to sniff out a slabbed book? I mean, do you think you could still smell it if it was already slabbed? I'm not about to break anything out just to smell it :popcorn:

Here is a hint... If it doesn't say Mile High on the label it doesn't matter what it smells like, it won't be a Mile High in a buyer's mind.

Oh I completely agree. The deciders are not us ... :popcorn:

Start sniffing!!!

I disagree. If it is coded, or comes from a reputable source, many collectors (me included) buy raw Church comics or other raw pedigrees and are comfortable with the provenance

Start sniffing!!!

I disagree. If it is coded, or comes from a reputable source, many collectors (me included) buy raw Church comics or other raw pedigrees and are comfortable with the provenance

+1

hm good point Bill. My initial question came from the desire to know how many Plastic Man Mile Highs there are and what issue numbers.

Start sniffing!!!

+1

Troublemakers! (tsk)

Don`t you know that in this modern era, only CGC`s pronouncements mean anything, and that we must accept them as gospel handed down from on high?