• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jack Kirby 1961

28 posts in this topic

Great letter from Denny!

What were the questions that he was responding too?

Some correspondence I had with Marvel Staff Writer Dennis O'Neil in 1965-66. The most interesting part, from the standpoint of this thread, is that Jack actually plotted the Fantastic Four stories as he drew them, and that Stan then fleshed out the dialog/-script using Jack's margin notes. King Kirby, for sure!

:cloud9:(worship)

02Letter-p1.jpg

03Letter-p2.jpg

04Art.jpg

Jay...that is so freaking AWESOME! Some may say Stan...but I say you are the MAN! :acclaim:

THX so much for posting this...you have so much cool mess! :headbang:

Some correspondence I had with Marvel Staff Writer Dennis O'Neil in 1965-66. The most interesting part, from the standpoint of this thread, is that Jack actually plotted the Fantastic Four stories as he drew them, and that Stan then fleshed out the dialog/-script using Jack's margin notes. King Kirby, for sure!

:cloud9:(worship)

02Letter-p1.jpg

03Letter-p2.jpg

04Art.jpg

Jay...that is so freaking AWESOME! Some may say Stan...but I say you are the MAN! :acclaim:

THX so much for posting this...you have so much cool mess! :headbang:

Cool stationery to say the least! That's an amazing piece of history, thanks for posting it. Officially bookmarking this thread, now...