• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New to the boards...........

36 posts in this topic

Hi,I'm new to the boards,but have been reading the posts for about 6 months.I've learned alot about the hobby from these boards,and even had a few good laughs.

I used to collect comics in the 70's & 80's but quit for about 10 years.I became interested again the last 2-3 years directly because of CGC.I was checking out ebay looking at some old spidey's,when I came across a CGC ASM #14 graded 4.5.VG+.I liked the cool holder and thought this would be a great book to re-start my collection(this was about 6 months before the first Spidey movie).I won the auction for $330 and when the book arrived, I tore it out of the box and stared at it for a few minutes.Then I flipped it over & noticed a huge crack that went from one side to the other.To tell you the truth,I really didn't mind because it was on the back.I was just happy to finally have this great book.I made up my mind to get all the Ditko Spidey's that day.CGC has made me feel more secure buying these early ASM's,especially now that I'm looking at #1-4 which are high $$ books.I'm in the registry now,and while I know that there are better grade collections out there,I'm very happy with my run and will probably keep them till I croak.Thank you CGC & all the posters who got me back into the hobby I loved so much as a kid. smirk.gif

welcome to the boards... I also advise reholdering that book.

Welcome to the boards. I suggest cracking that bad boy out and reading it! You don't need no stinkin' CGC holder once you have the book in hand! thumbsup2.gif

Welcome to the Boards!

hi.gif

Nice post--get ready for some wild and crraazzzy adventures...and after all, we are some wild and crrraaazzzy guys and gals (ok, my homage to Steve Martin).

P.S. Thanks BEYONDER for the BIG TEXT tip.

I agree, CGC holders are no place for valueable spidey books, you should get the book reholdered by CGG.....as a matter of fact, you should get all your marvels reholdered at CGG. grin.gif

I agree, CGC holders are no place for valueable spidey books, you should get the book reholdered by CGG.....as a matter of fact, you should get all your marvels reholdered at CGG. grin.gif

893censored-thumb.gif

893censored-thumb.gif

hi.gif

893censored-thumb.gif

hi.gif

thumbsup2.gif