• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heroes Con Recap

129 posts in this topic

Ill be posting the sketches I got this past weekend. Unfortunately, I couldn't stay for Sunday and Ethan Van Sciver wasnt there Sat night to see where the status was on my sketch. Does anyone know how I can contact him because I have already paid him. Please PM me if you do.

I think you guys are gonna like the sketches I got. Especially Mann and Canete ones.

;)

Writing from the hotel room before clubbing with Ebas (again lol). Nonstop sketches and paintings the entire day today and most of the day yesterday. Many thanks to all of you who came by and got something.

Now on on to real buisiness. My upcoming sketch opp...

Time to take the leash off.

Writing from the hotel room before clubbing with Ebas (again lol). Nonstop sketches and paintings the entire day today and most of the day yesterday. Many thanks to all of you who came by and got something.

lol Thats how we roll! Wish I could have made it.

Matt it was such a pleasure to meet you and even more to see you work your craft in person!!

f9af7f80.jpg

Matt it was such a pleasure to meet you and even more to see you work your craft in person!!

f9af7f80.jpg

This is bad a!

So this was my 1st time actually doing this at a Con. Was a little lost in the beginning on who to try and get, even having my list with me. Here are the pics before submitting them to CGC.(Sorry ahead of time, some of them had the flash go on them.

Mike Lilly

IMG_0597.jpg

Brandon Peterson

IMG_0594.jpg

Sara Richard

IMG_0589.jpg

(thought this one came out awesome. Especially with the gold. She told me she just got them in when she was doing it, and was excited to use them for this)

Terry Moore

IMG_0590.jpg

Clayton Henry

IMG_0612.jpg

Sanford Greene

IMG_0595.jpg

(I forgot about this piece. He also drew on the back. I completely forgot about it when taking photo. Will just have to wait til I get it back doh!)

Tom Fowler

IMG_0624.jpg

We were laughing about this. He uses water based paint on his stuff, so he didnt know what was gonna happen to it. The next pic was what happened originally when he started. He wanted to get it right so he used some other paint and it worked! Awesome guy to talk to.

IMG_0625.jpg

Eric Canete

IMG_0614.jpg

Love this one!

Matteo Scalera

IMG_0616.jpg

Awesome Italian. Did deadpool and a few other marvel stuff. Def worth getting!

Clay Mann

IMG_0621.jpg

So if you see on this one, its on the back cover. Clay was nice enough to go with the Emma I got from him at NYCC last year. Heres how it looks together.

IMG_0622.jpg

Totally awesome IMO

IMG_0620.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

I loved the Black Queen one when he showed me this. Took him 6 months for this one. Came out totally awesome.

We talked for awhile. This was the 1st time doing a sketch on the x-force cover, and he said he really didnt like it. He hates the X-Men 7 material. He said X-men 1 is the best to draw on.

So that was my haul my 1st time out.

I was expecting to pick up others, but they will be sent to me.

Michael Dooney(Emma Frost and Jean Grey)

EVS(Emma Frost)

Dan Panosian(Phoenix)