• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Moon Knight in the same league....

51 posts in this topic

Here's some tidbits I bet most people don't know.

Moon Knight's costume is really BLACK with a silver cape.

Here's BillS' take on it.

BillSComment.jpg

In addition to many, MANY references in the stories themselves like this opening splash page from issue #13:

jet002.jpg

It's really a shame most people think of him as dressed in white, or that the Bowen "white version" statue is the rare and "correct" version.. :/

This custom paint job version is the most accurate.

mycustomdsc0034ss8.jpgmycustomdsc0031zj6.jpg

mycustomdsc0036vi1.jpg

I have seen that article.

His gauntlets and weapons where silver though for good reason :)

I have also heard that part of the misconception was because of the inking/colouring and paper process back then when it came to detailing.

If it is because I stated that I liked white and Storm Shadow wore white was because this was back when I was a kid and was under that misconception back then.

Somewhat unfortunate that Moon Knight has never really taken off, that statue looks fantastic, and I love the Finch art on Moon Knight from just a few years ago.

Yeah--big difference. To say that Moon Knight is even in the same ballpark as Wolverine is laughable.

Moon Knight has had his series cancelled due to poor sales 5 separate times since 1980, whereas Wolverine may be on vol.3, but has been published continuously since Nov. 1988.

There is also one 5 year-span in the late 1980s/early 90s where Wolverine had more appearances than Moon Knight has had in his entire history from 1975-2011.

Show me a Moon Knight series that makes it past issue 75 with no breaks and he might break into the C-list of Iron Fist or Silver Surfer territory. Just saying--you've got to work hard to have Dr. Strange be able to hold a monthly title longer than you.

Yeah--big difference. To say that Moon Knight is even in the same ballpark as Wolverine is laughable.

Moon Knight has had his series cancelled due to poor sales 5 separate times since 1980, whereas Wolverine may be on vol.3, but has been published continuously since Nov. 1988.

There is also one 5 year-span in the late 1980s/early 90s where Wolverine had more appearances than Moon Knight has had in his entire history from 1975-2011.

Show me a Moon Knight series that makes it past issue 75 with no breaks and he might break into the C-list of Iron Fist or Silver Surfer territory. Just saying--you've got to work hard to have Dr. Strange be able to hold a monthly title longer than you.

Really?Well I think Moon Knight is a kick character,guess that's why comics are so much fun to collect.So diversified!

I like Moon Knight. But to me he's a C-level character.

Nowhere near Spidey or Wolverine... more on par with Swamp Thing and Iron Fist.

Swamp Thing has had two movies.

So did the Punisher and no one thinks those elevated his status any.. ;)

But they thought enough of the character to make a movie in the first place...

( :gossip: Actually 3 movies for the Punisher. )