• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$37.5 K anyone??

48 posts in this topic

what's this thing really worth these days? Myself I might pay 500 or 1000, talk about a big disconnect

For that, you'd get a 9.4. My guess is 15K-ish, but I can't really read this market because I'm not not_in_tune_with_social_norms insane.

lol

Oh, sorry...

People can collect what they want. (tsk)

Wow. My latest CGC sub has a Spidey 51 in the same grade and PQ...better wrap though. Not going to be asking $35k for it, that's for sure. :screwy:

Jesus H Christ, why the heck did I bother coming back to school when I could be hustling crack-pulp?

Just do both, rookie.

Wow. My latest CGC sub has a Spidey 51 in the same grade and PQ...better wrap though. Not going to be asking $35k for it, that's for sure. :screwy:

Jesus H Christ, why the heck did I bother coming back to school when I could be hustling crack-pulp?

Just do both, rookie.

I'm not capable. I have just enough discipline to deal with school + the gym + a girlfriend. If I add anything else, the whole effing structure will collapse. :insane:

Just do both, rookie.

I'm not capable. I have just enough discipline to deal with school + the gym + a girlfriend. If I add anything else, the whole effing structure will collapse. :insane:

A girlfriend. :boo:

Boring. :baiting:

Just do both, rookie.

A girlfriend. :boo:

Boring. :baiting:

I'm losing steam. :(

what's this thing really worth these days? Myself I might pay 500 or 1000, talk about a big disconnect

For that, you'd get a 9.4. My guess is 15K-ish, but I can't really read this market because I'm not not_in_tune_with_social_norms insane.

Bronty is more in touch than myself - I would only pay about $200-300 tops.

Those uber-grades sure are nice, but more are being manufactured in the sweaty basements of America, even as we post.

It's one of those ultra-rare 2 cents copies. :/

Killer book my arse.

Not everyone is hung up about a perfect wrap but I can say that if I were to spend that kind of money on a 9.8...it had better better have a perfect wrap and white pages.

Some of the ultra HG prices are just getting insane.

My point is that, whilst it's clearly a great book, with that miswrap, it shouldn't be in a 9.8 case and it's certainly not a killer book.

And for that sort of money, it needs to be a killer book.

Just my 2c

Why do you think a miswrap should be downgraded?

I never understood that logic. (shrug)

The book is not damaged what so ever so how can one give it a lesser grade?

I am not saying the book would be as desirable as the same book with a perfect wrap, but there is no reason why the book in question should not be in a 9.8 holder due to the miswrap.

Grading is for defects that show damage on the book, not defects that are for picky collectors for aesthetics.

+1

I don't need CGC to analyze how mis-centered a book is. I can see it for myself from a scan. Just because 2 books have equal structure doesn't mean they're equally desirable.

This is a good answer. One can clearly see this from the scan of the book and thus make the choice to buy or not to buy.

It's one of those ultra-rare 2 cents copies. :/

Killer book my arse.

Not everyone is hung up about a perfect wrap but I can say that if I were to spend that kind of money on a 9.8...it had better better have a perfect wrap and white pages.

Some of the ultra HG prices are just getting insane.

My point is that, whilst it's clearly a great book, with that miswrap, it shouldn't be in a 9.8 case and it's certainly not a killer book.

And for that sort of money, it needs to be a killer book.

Just my 2c

Plus its a run of the mill issue asking $7K more than an issue #6 in 9.6 grade. :screwy: Pass the crack pipe.