• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting Strategy in Pedigreecomics JUne auction

109 posts in this topic

So Doug bought all these or someone bought and is selling over Pedigree?

My guess is Doug bought them, pressed them, had them regraded, and will list and shill bid them. (thumbs u

+1 I could just pay double GPA for books and feel just as warm and fuzzy.

Or I could just light my money on fire instead of giving it to such a dishonest human being, but justify it because im addicted to comics.

I've bought a few books from Pedigree in the past... what basis is there that Doug is such a slime ball ?? He's been A-OK with me. Am I missing something ?

I've bought a few books from Pedigree in the past... what basis is there that Doug is such a slime ball ?? He's been A-OK with me. Am I missing something ?

I'm sure a litany of people can tell you the stories.

Since books can often be re pressed and regraded, the fact that many twin cities were already pressed, doesn't always dissuade people from re pressing the books.

Since books can often be re pressed and regraded, the fact that many twin cities were already pressed, doesn't always dissuade people from re pressing the books.

Is there any gloss left on them by the time they're repressed?

Sure. Tons.

Sure. Tons.

Yep, you can lick it off at your leisure.

Sure would like to hear some of those stories...don't see anything wrong with pressing and resubmitting. Heck, everyone seems to be doing it nowadays...

No, no they are not.

Huh--thanks for this thread. I won a book in a recent pedigree auction for a fair (i.e., GPA) price, and am considering buying several more from the site directly (reasonable counter-offers to my offers).

I didn't know Doug had a bad reputation 'round these parts, and now will reconsider.

Sure would like to hear some of those stories...don't see anything wrong with pressing and resubmitting. Heck, everyone seems to be doing it nowadays...

Since a growing majority of people on these boards endorse pressing and resubbing, that`s not the issue that most people have with Doug. It has more to do with his past conduct that led to him being disbarred from the NY Bar, alleged laundering by him of a known Ewert-trimmed book and various questions about the integrity of transactions on his website/auctions.