• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting Strategy in Pedigreecomics JUne auction

109 posts in this topic

I'd hear from others with more than just hearsay first before making up my mind... still waiting myself....

You might want to take a more proactive approach in protecting yourself. A good place to start is with the search function. Just because you haven't read something doesn't mean it hasen't been written. These boards have been here for a decade and some of the members just as long. Hand holding the new guys got old a long time ago.

Never thought one of the biggest names in the business could be associated with misdealings !! Why would I go looking for dirt on someone when I had no reason for it ?

Besides being a disbarred lawyer, and attempting to pass a trimmed book through CGC, he's also, by his own admission, falsified data provided to GPA, to 'protect owner interests', which translates as 'con the market'.

Anybody with an ounce of morals/ethics avoids him like the plague. (thumbs u

I'm not sure how things have been in Portugal for the last several years, but anyone in the US that has been paying even a little bit of attention has figured out big names and success are not always synonymous with honesty and integrity.

Do you really have no problem sending large sums of money to someone you know nothing about? Two words: due diligence

Well, as a newbie collector I have to rely entirely on the internet as American comics (especially back issues) are pretty much nonexistent over here.

As I always pay with CC, any problems (which to this day have never had) I'd ever encounter would be resolved with a chargeback....

But, you live and learn and I'm sure glad I read a few more posts than I usually do in this forum today....

Never thought one of the biggest names in the business could be associated with misdealings !! Why would I go looking for dirt on someone when I had no reason for it ?

i only buy on here or ebay

but for ebay i always google the persons ID & if nothing comes up then i do a search on here......100% feedback means nothing anymore

if your sending your money to someone it's always nice to have that little bit of extra info

I've bought a few books from Pedigree in the past... what basis is there that Doug is such a slime ball ?? He's been A-OK with me. Am I missing something ?

I'm sure a litany of people can tell you the stories.

Since books can often be re pressed and regraded, the fact that many twin cities were already pressed, doesn't always dissuade people from re pressing the books.

Is there any gloss left on them by the time they're repressed?

Sure. Tons.

Do they have any soul left?

Yours has already been bought and paid for strung up like a ing kipper by the missus.

Don't I just know it. meh

Thanks much to tth2 and Comicopolis...

Made for interesting reading.... hm

You read a thread with over 450 responses in 6 minutes?

Thanks much to tth2 and Comicopolis...

Made for interesting reading.... hm

You read a thread with over 450 responses in 6 minutes?

Not everyone needs to move their lips, mouthbreather.

I've bought a few books from Pedigree in the past... what basis is there that Doug is such a slime ball ?? He's been A-OK with me. Am I missing something ?

I'm sure a litany of people can tell you the stories.

Since books can often be re pressed and regraded, the fact that many twin cities were already pressed, doesn't always dissuade people from re pressing the books.

Is there any gloss left on them by the time they're repressed?

Sure. Tons.

Do they have any soul left?

I must buy all the f***d up ones then, where the gloss has been sucked out of them. Of course, I actually take my books out of the CGC holders. And, of course, in most of these cases, the presser is probably the only one who sees the books outside of the cgc shells anymore......., them and the graders, who apparently don't deduct anything for that affliction.

We'll see how consistent the gloss loss is, as I just purchased a couple more pressed books.