• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wow

39 posts in this topic

Looks like Tommie B. is unloading some undercopies. lol

I'm pretty curious about who is selling the books. Some impressive stuff there.

There's already a sale pending on the Spidey #3 for $75k.

Is that the copy CLink picked up from Dave Kopelka for $50k at C2E2?

Looks like it.

(thumbs u

I think it's a different copy. There are two 9.6 copies of ASM #3 on C-Link right now.

Here's the copy with the sale pending that was just listed today:

Sale Pending

RADCEA2C201167_161710.jpg

And I think this is the Kapelka copy with the $125k ask:

Kapelka copy?

RADF7B6A2011323_162153.jpg

Barton, I don't remember now which of the two are Kapelka's even though I held the book in hand, but something about the sold copy (smudge in the grey on the left (Doc Ock's arm) reminds me of the Kapelka copy. I remember it being a very nice 9.6. I could be wrong.

You're right, they are different copies.

(thumbs u

I wouldn't know. I wasn't invited to the party. :sorry:

A couple more were listed today, including the Pacific Coast 9.8 copies of 18 and 25.

I think I just swallowed my tongue.....these are the finest copies I have seen, and nice scoop on that 31 9.4 that was hiding in the new listings. That is a tough book in high grade.

:gossip: A boardie won that one...hint: avid ASM collector...

And that one actually went for a sane $2745... (worship)

RADE4981201161_94511.jpg

RADE4981201161_94511.jpg

That is the best Spidey 31 I have ever seen, perfect QP and PQ. That issue is almost ALWAYS miswrapped front-to-back, and it's difficult to find in high grade at all compared to most other Spidey issues.

That is the best Spidey 31 I have ever seen, perfect QP and PQ. That issue is almost ALWAYS miswrapped front-to-back, and it's difficult to find in high grade at all compared to most other Spidey issues.

A POP ART Production! :cloud9:

A POP ART Production! :cloud9:

Double :cloud9::cloud9:

RADE4981201161_94511.jpg

A little back-to-front like that one, or a little front-to-back like this one (P.S.: I'm sure by now my old copy has been pressed into a 9.4 like that one selling on the Link):

ASM31.jpg

RADE4981201161_94511.jpg

I think my copy came off the press around the same time:

ASM31.jpg

RADE4981201161_94511.jpg

I think my copy came off the press around the same time:

ASM31.jpg

Very nice books, I am very pleased to have found this 9.4 copy. They are so hard to find with just the right centering.

:acclaim::cloud9:

BTW, I do need to buy a large A3 scanner, what is everyone here using to make the great pictures? I see the Mustek as one of just a small few that aren't way too expensive, but which do well with CGC slabs? The Mustek reviews hint at problems with objects of any depth.

Do a search on "scanner" in the General Forum. There have been lots of threads.

If you want to learn how to be flamed just start a new thread on "What Scanner Should I Buy" lol