• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kcirtip@aol.com? WTF?

10 posts in this topic

just got this unsolicited solicitation:

Hello

If you have a fax #

I can send you a current list of over 200 CGC graded golden age I have for sale.

I can discount many of the listed items by 10%

On an order of 10k or more I can discount everything by 10%

Prices are likely to change when I get my copy of the new guide next week.

Brian

Look familiar to anyone else? I know a few of you got it. Who is this guy? I can't find any reference in my files, but it went to my eBay account so I might have been caught by an "ask seller a question."

Normally I wouldn't care to the point of posting here (although I do hate being added to people's lists like this), but on top of that it was a big, open to: list which is just rude, so I'm curious.

just got this unsolicited solicitation:

Hello

If you have a fax #

I can send you a current list of over 200 CGC graded golden age I have for sale.

I can discount many of the listed items by 10%

On an order of 10k or more I can discount everything by 10%

Prices are likely to change when I get my copy of the new guide next week.

Brian

Look familiar to anyone else? I know a few of you got it. Who is this guy? I can't find any reference in my files, but it went to my eBay account so I might have been caught by an "ask seller a question."

Normally I wouldn't care to the point of posting here (although I do hate being added to people's lists like this), but on top of that it was a big, open to: list which is just rude, so I'm curious.

Actually, he's a good guy. Lives in Barrow, Alaska(!). Has very nice books, I've bought a couple nicely graded ECs from him. He had a zillion books up during "Free Listing Day" in December, these are probably the ones that are left.

I took my own advice about telling him about bcc:

Hi,

I've been told you're a nice guy so this will take the form of friendly advice. Please, the next time you send out one of these mass emails, please use the bcc: field for all the addresses. It allows people a little bit of privacy. Sending out emails in an open "to:" field like you've done allows less than scrupulous people to harvest email addresses in order to send Spam. People may not appreciate being on such a list and may be less likely to do business with you in the future.

Thanks,

Rob

Yeah, he's the guy who sold frequently on eBay a few years ago with the animated waving Alaskan flag on each listing page. I remember buying a Golden Age Fawcett off him, and when he shipped the book, he enclosed a $20 bill with it because on second look he felt the book was not as nice as claimed in the auction! thumbsup2.gif