• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Least Favorite of Relative Importance

55 posts in this topic

Not directed at anyone in particular but I am shocked at how many people feel that characters like Iron Man, Thor and the FF4 are their least favorite. Curious to know why? Is it because you've only had the chance to read a certain era or maybe you bought a string of issues where the art just turned you off? confused-smiley-013.gif There are so many good story line threads through out the years and artists who have produced some of their best work in these issues that I'm stunned to see such a negative reaction.

Iron Man RULED back when Tony Stark was an alcoholic....after he sobered up...I just lost interest.

Thor...Thou Sayest He Sucketh And It Shall Be! Damn dude talked to funny for me.

Not directed at anyone in particular but I am shocked at how many people feel that characters like Iron Man, Thor and the FF4 are their least favorite. Curious to know why? Is it because you've only had the chance to read a certain era or maybe you bought a string of issues where the art just turned you off? confused-smiley-013.gif There are so many good story line threads through out the years and artists who have produced some of their best work in these issues that I'm stunned to see such a negative reaction.

As for Iron Man... never had an affinity for the character what with growing up in modest means on a midwestern farm. Rich folks were not to be trusted. Also, I generally prefer team books more than solo hero books. So, I liked it when Iron Man showed up in Avengers, but that was about all I needed to see of him.

As for Thor... I really wasn't into mythology (especially Norwegian mythology... being surrounded by Norwegians and being subtly reminded that I wasn't one) but I've enjoyed some of the Kirby/Lee Thor run of late (having gotten them for the Inhumans backup stories) so my impression of the character has gone up substantially.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

I LOVE Golden Age Actions, but the Prankster and Toyman covers leave me cold. Hocus & Pocus ain't so hot either.

I'm a big fan of DC Villain covers. Sure the Joker, Riddler and Catwoman are tops, but I do like the Superman villians too!

Timely

Even though my DC collection might be worth more than my Marvel collection I'm still a Marvel Zombie at heart and about 90% of my collection is Marvel. Therefore I choose to pick two DC heroes for the list. But before I even thought of the Flash the FF popped into my head. sorry.gif

Although I probably would put Silver Surfer at the top of my Marvel list. I had a brain fart and forgot how much I hated this character. SS 4 is perhaps my favorite story but I never wanted to read another SS book from that series unless it had a cool villain because I found SS such a boring character. The whole "woe is me" in that series was sleeping.gif Plus I either love or hate the space beings who often seem to have limitless strength and powers. (Also a big reason why Supes is on my DC hate list.)

I know you guy's are gonna hate me ,but Wolverine is not my fave . Don't get me wrong he's a cool charactor ,but I think he's overated & that's coming from someone who bought his 1st app. off the newstand ,Hulk # 181 , I didn't think he was that great then!!!!

Can't stand "She-Hulk".

Although it's probably just the name that drives me crazy. Couldn't they have come up with something better than that.

Big Green Woman or Hulkette would be better that She-Hulk! Then again, maybe not.

Veitch is the man! You're either talking about "The One" or (more likely) "Maxi-mortal". Both great stories! thumbsup2.gif

Maxi-mortal! that's it! Thanks. thumbsup2.gif The One was a bit too esoteric for me, I just couldn't get into it.

Yeah I think when Stan Lee confined the SS to earth he wrote himself into a corner. Some of my favorite SS appearances include:

-Thor 193, takes on Durok the Destroyer and he shatters his surf board. Awesome.

- Fantastic Four around issue 358? Terrax, Dr. Doom.

- Tales to Astonish 93, Hulk battle.

- FF 55, kicks the Thing's tail.

Sorry I'm getting off topic again. 893blahblah.gif

i think the problem for me with fantastic four was there was no one i could identify with, The hothead kid, the dumb brute, the aloof scientist with no time for anything & the woman with no real personality. It just didn't click for me. I liked some of it ok, Dr.doom is a great villain, i like the hulk battles & some other bits, but really, not much there but hyper space opera puffery. Sorry all, different strokes for different folks and all.....