• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Completed my Bronze Age DC war Collection Today!

36 posts in this topic

Hey all,

About a decade ago, I set out to complete a Bronze Age DC war comic collection in an average grade of sharp 9.0

It's been a wonderful challenge. Not only have I managed to finally achieve the goal, along the way I have met so many great collectors along the way. Just totally great.

There has one book that has proved more elusive than the rest - a rare Whitman variant of Sgt. Rock #329. My understanding is that this was one of the 'bagged' Whitmans. Anyway, I've been on the prowl for one, but have not seen one at a con, and have not seen one appear on ebay (I'm sure I've missed some.)

Anyway, one came up on ebid of all places ($14 bucks!)

It's not high grade, but at least I can now say I have one!

And now... onto the Silver runs!

Shep

SR329whitman.jpg

I call Bronze Age 1968-1988. It's somewhere in the neighborhood of 800 books.

I've been planning to rescan the collection this summer, because I have upgraded about 40% of the collection since the last scan-fest a few years back.

For the Silver Age pursuit, it's a it of a slding scale... for the late 1950s and onwards, FN to VF but for 1958 and previous, I am happy with 4.0-5.0. Those books are so, so hard to get in any kind of nice shape. But, it's a fun goal...

Here are's an old scan bank of Sgt. Rock's, as an example.

th_sr302.jpgth_sr303.jpgth_sr304.jpgth_sr305.jpgth_sr306.jpgth_sr307.jpgth_sr308.jpgth_sr309.jpgth_sr310.jpgth_sr311.jpgth_sr312.jpg