• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silly Question: What is a "hanging panel"

6 posts in this topic

I've noticed this mentioned in the notes on a few flips. What exactly does this term mean? I tried googling and using the search for this, but could not find a explanation. Thanks.

I have always seen this in context with things like "injury to eye panel" and "decapitation panel" so I always assumed that it was nothing more than a panel that depicted someone being hung by the neck until dead.

Ah, so it's in reference to story content. I always thought it was a physical description or some other type of attribute regarding the book itself.

That said, I'm astounded that anyone would even care if someone is hanged in a comic? I would imagine half the westerns out there would have this.

I have always seen this in context with things like "injury to eye panel" and "decapitation panel" so I always assumed that it was nothing more than a panel that depicted someone being hung by the neck until dead.

(thumbs u

Ah, so it's in reference to story content. I always thought it was a physical description or some other type of attribute regarding the book itself.

That said, I'm astounded that anyone would even care if someone is hanged in a comic? I would imagine half the westerns out there would have this.

Not really. All that sort of physical violence went bye-bye with the establishment of the CCA. In any post-code 50s-60s Atlas/Marvel western I've read (which is lots, but nowhere near the total printed) nobody even gets shot, they only get they hand or arm grazed by a bullet so that they can't shoot again.