• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will there be an X3?

16 posts in this topic

Very long-term, probably.

The only issue is that many characters will likely be replaced, as the studios simply can't afford to sign the talent back for a third movie. Another wrinkle is that Singer may not helm it, as he's under contract fo rthe next few years on other projects.

So yes, X3 will be released, but the "talent" will likely be totally revamped.

Is there info saying that Wolverine and Storm will not be in an X3?

Everything I've read indicates that Singer will direct X3 and the bulk of the cast, with the possible exception of Halle Berry, will return. They will not start making the movie for another couple of years though so we might see the next installment until 2007.

And considering the flops Berry has starred in lately, and Catwoman isn't looking good in pre-release photos, she might be begging to be in it.....

Jim

Where do you guys get this [!@#%^&^]?

X3 release date set for May 5, 2006

Singer Talks about shooting X3 and X4 at the same time (a la Lord of the Rings)

Singer negotiating to direct X3

Singer wants to make X3 "very much"

Jackman says that when they are ready to make X3, "I am there."

I know that these are not the equivalent to having contracts signed, but for people who are not under contract, do they really sound like people who are not inclined to make X3?

As for not being able to afford signing the talent back for a third movie, where is your evidence of that? It isn't like we're dealing with a cast full of Jack Nicholsons or Tom Hankses. Most of the people in the cast are at best second-level stars who haven't won an Oscar yet and don't have A-List clout. Correct me if I don't have this correct, but the only Oscar winners in the cast are Halle Berry, who could be easily dropped or replaced in the film, and Anna Paquin, who isn't an A-List star despite her Oscar.

Very long-term, probably.

The only issue is that many characters will likely be replaced, as the studios simply can't afford to sign the talent back for a third movie. Another wrinkle is that Singer may not helm it, as he's under contract fo rthe next few years on other projects.

So yes, X3 will be released, but the "talent" will likely be totally revamped.

I agree with everything you said. I don't think Halle Berry will be replaced tho. She hasn't had the megahit yet that would justify an megaincrease in salary. I'd be curiuous to see the salaries of everybody for X-Men and X2. Halle expressed an interest in coming back conditionally.

What I remember seeing somewhere is that Halley doesn't think that her part is big enough, I don't know about the dough thing, that probably doesn't help matters! I thought I saw something on how after van helsing (ms??) he said he was going to stop with the superhero types for awhile atleast. Maybe return to Broadway. do some nice pull your heart strings flicks.... O and say they do produce X3 in the future, Beast is going to be a new character. Now I love the Beast, but how many blue superheros do we need in one movie. nightcrawler and mystic are probably enough. Maybe he will be gray, like before hulk 161, that would be cool!

thumbsup2.gif

It isn't like we're dealing with a cast full of Jack Nicholsons or Tom Hankses. Most of the people in the cast are at best second-level stars who haven't won an Oscar yet and don't have A-List clout. Correct me if I don't have this correct, but the only Oscar winners in the cast are Halle Berry, who could be easily dropped or replaced in the film, and Anna Paquin, who isn't an A-List star despite her Oscar.

Yeah! Only two Academy Award winners, only two fellows of the Royal Shakespeare Society, and a piddling one Knight. What kind of lame cast is this?? grin.gif

At least they threw in a supermodel and a Bond girl to flesh it out. So to speak.

I know you're probably kidding with me, but I just wanted to clarify that I do not think that the cast of X2 was lame. I love the cast and think it's perfect. My only point was that they are not A-List stars who demand A-List prices, and thus, signing all of them will not be financially impossible or even particularly difficult. As I understand it, the only hesitancy from any of the cast members has to do with making sure that the -script is good (Patrick Stewart, Hugh Jackman, Ian McKellan) and that her character have a bigger role (Catwoman, er, Halle Berry).

It isn't like we're dealing with a cast full of Jack Nicholsons or Tom Hankses. Most of the people in the cast are at best second-level stars who haven't won an Oscar yet and don't have A-List clout. Correct me if I don't have this correct, but the only Oscar winners in the cast are Halle Berry, who could be easily dropped or replaced in the film, and Anna Paquin, who isn't an A-List star despite her Oscar.

Yeah! Only two Academy Award winners, only two fellows of the Royal Shakespeare Society, and a piddling one Knight. What kind of lame cast is this?? grin.gif

At least they threw in a supermodel and a Bond girl to flesh it out. So to speak.

2 bond girls......HB and FJ

2 bond girls......HB and FJ

Oh, forgot HB was one. Well then, never mind. thumbsup2.gif