• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Re-slabbing posted by MarkFaust

4 posts in this topic

I am unsure. I was ready to bring a slab that was cracked for a slab that wasn't. I have no problem in paying the eleven dollars for the new slab. Instead it is a book that I can get signed at Wizard World for the signature series where I can only hope to keep the 9.8 grade.

Since all you want is the new label I do not see why sending it in to CGC and paying the re-slab fee would change the grade since the only people handling the book will be members of CGC. CGC legally has to cover themselves stating that there is a chance that the "artist" might ding the book damaging the original grade.

The best bet would be to call CGC and ask them for a definitive answer. My question to you is why would you even want to get the updated blue label. All my books but one are the new labels. The old Label book i have is Power Pack #27 in a 9.8. I might not search them out, but it distinguishes it from the other books. Either way, Good Luck.

Thanks for reading

yes there is a chance it can be down-graded... per CGC, "All Reholder submissions are subject to review for tampering and accuracy of grade"...

I would think that as long as you have the original label and the inner well has not been tampered with, you should not have a problem. However, there have been shaddy dealers in the past who would switch labels (give a lower grade book a label from a similar book but with a higer grade) and then re-submit it for reholdering. Or submit a restored book (typicaly the purple label) with a cracked open universal label (blue) and ask for reholdering... i've been dealing comics privately for years so i know ALL the little dirty tricks dealers won't tell you.

CGC has to check for accuracy of grade each and everytime, otherwise the integrity of their grading system gets compromised. The best thing you can do if you are submitting for reholder and want to try to attain the same grade, is send the whole thing back in one peice and not seperate the hard casing from the inner well. Once you seperate the two all bets are off...