• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not to beat up on CGG anymore but....

43 posts in this topic

To be fair to what's their name, we have made some typo's, had switched labels and such.

Grading thousands of books a week, somethings going to get past you.

We will also fix it for free.

To be fair to what's their name, we have made some typo's, had switched labels and such.

Exactly.. what Ib was trying to say smile.gif. Both companies probably grade a lot of books and it's unrealistic to expect 100%. What I can't believe is when people get more money for CGC error labels. makepoint.gif

But can you truthfully claim that you stick your typos into a non-Archival, PVC inner well, then tell everyone that it is PERFECTLY SAFE for storage? CGG clearly has you there!!!!

Just so that you guys know, I just changed my listing and stated in the item description that this book does not have a Frank Miller cover. I have another copy of this book but better, CGG 9.0 White with the same problem. I know, I could send it back for CGG to fix it and I know they would, but not really that big of a deal to me. -----Sid

They did the same thing twice? That's not a typo. That's just plain ignorance. Besides, anyone who knows the first thing about Neal Adams or Frank Miller could look at that cover and tell you that it's not Frank Miller and that it IS Neal Adams.

Just so that you guys know, I just changed my listing and stated in the item description that this book does not have a Frank Miller cover. I have another copy of this book but better, CGG 9.0 White with the same problem. I know, I could send it back for CGG to fix it and I know they would, but not really that big of a deal to me. -----Sid

Are you saying that you looked at that cover and thought it could be Frank Miller's artwork?

I wouldn't know the difference either. It's probably written wrong in their database - it's not the same as intentionally making the same mistake again.

What I'm saying is that I don't follow him so

YEA, I don't think it's his artwork but the only person I have ever followed artist wise is Byrne. (I know i'm hearing a collective gasp from spidey and dd fans, but oh well)

BTW I won the fantasy basketball league I was in. acclaim.gif

What I'm saying is that I don't follow him so

YEA, I don't think it's his artwork but the only person I have ever followed artist wise is Byrne. (I know i'm hearing a collective gasp from spidey and dd fans, but oh well)

BTW I won the fantasy basketball league I was in. acclaim.gif

What was your name in this league? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That's just plain ignorance. Besides, anyone who knows the first thing about Neal Adams or Frank Miller could look at that cover and tell you that it's not Frank Miller and that it IS Neal Adams.

So you are saying that all the admin types at CGG should be comic geeks like you? tongue.gif

Yeah ive seen cgc labeling errors as well (too bad i cant cite them). stop being such tards!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The only one I remember seeing was for an eBay auction about a year ago. The issue was Man-Thing #v2 # 1, but the label with it had all the info for the first Man-Thing # 1 (including "second appearance of Howard the Duck")

I have a copy of an Armando Huerta cover Double Impact comics where CGC spelled "Double" as "Douduble". Just a typo, no biggie, no one is perfect. I've made lame-brain typos in some Ebay listings before that affected the item being sold. Hey, sheet happens. -----Sid