• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about Gerber...

55 posts in this topic

If you've already ordered, is it too late to get the special deal? 893frustrated.gif

I don't know...

I followed the link and used the "promotion code" in fantasyfootballbono's post above.

(Also, I assume that since Bud Plant doesn't have a location in Arkansas,

I wasn't charged any sales tax... did sales tax apply for any of you guys?)

It has now been ordered.... The only problem that I can now see is that it will probably show up the same time as the new bible/OPG confused-smiley-013.gifgrin.gif Oddly enough this will work out in my fiancee's favour... now I can sit out in the living room and look at comic stuff while she watches tv... thus I'm spending time with her... insane.gif

I got mine about 13-14 years ago. I remember Comic Heavens annual auctions in the CBG and having to look up pictures of most of the books I was interested in. There are many books, I would never have purchased if not for the Gerber Guides. devil.gif

I got mine about 13-14 years ago. I remember Comic Heavens annual auctions in the CBG and having to look up pictures of most of the books I was interested in.

Yeah, wasn't that quite the event in the pre-eBay days? I'd always spend the next couple weeks with the Gerbers, CBG and a yellow highlighter! cloud9.gif

I don't need the Gerber books for that. Just looking at the cover scans you guys are posting makes me want to start collecting GA stuff. And I will eventually -- I just want to try to build a knowledge base before I jump in, because GA is something I know next to nothing about.

The Gerber Books- acclaim.gifthumbsup2.gif You'll love'em,get ready to start buying comics you never knew about. Truly Amazing & Addicting!!!!! grin.gif

I don't need the Gerber books for that. Just looking at the cover scans you guys are posting makes me want to start collecting GA stuff. And I will eventually -- I just want to try to build a knowledge base before I jump in, because GA is something I know next to nothing about.

There is a lot of GA info at the beginning of each volume... yet another reason to buy dem Gerba books!

Timely

I just got my B. Cole order confirmation email. It is on backorder!!!! 893frustrated.gif

There is a lot of GA info at the beginning of each volume... yet another reason to buy dem Gerba books!

Timely

I already paid B. Cole for my new set (and I don't want yours with the pages sticking together 27_laughing.gif), but I'll bet someone else here will take you up on it. Thanks though.

I have a used set I can sell you for $70... if you are interested. juggle.gif

Timely

I already paid B. Cole for my new set (and I don't want yours with the pages sticking together 27_laughing.gif), but I'll bet someone else here will take you up on it. Thanks though.

Timely

Hey, only my Penthouse's have sticky pages! grin.gif

Timely

I'm going to file that one away under TMI.

27_laughing.gif

Timely

Hey, only my Penthouse's have sticky pages! grin.gif

Timely

I just got my B. Cole order confirmation email. It is on backorder!!!! 893frustrated.gif

Same here... oh well, I can focus on the new Overstreet and then

enjoy the Gerbers when they arrive later.

My copies arrived TODAY via media mail.

I'll try to come up for air once or twice in the next two weeks.

(I've already asked my wife to remind me to eat.) grin.gif