• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How are you going to determine NM (9.4)

5 posts in this topic

I'm sure many of us have databases with our collections listed with Overstreet values (regardless if they always truly reflect market value).

So the question is, now that 9.2 is the top grade, how are you going to determine 9.4.

I'm probably going to stick to a conservative approach, and make 9.4 the same percentage increase over 9.2, as 9.2 is over 9.0.

Example:

9.0 $50

9.2 $60

9.4 $72 (which is $60/$50 which is a 20% increase)

This is slightly different than how I determine 9.2 now. Assuming the 9.0 and 9.4 values were the same 9.2 would be in the middle, which would be $61.

Any thoughts?

Heh. That's what they would like you to do, rely purely on CGC to tell you what a 9.4 is worth.

Realistically, sfilosa's method is a good one, except in cases of modern books where only one price is listed. I plan to use a standars 10% bump in cases like that.

I do use GP Analysis, but for my Comic Colllection spreadsheets, I like to have an Annual amount.

Obviously, when purchasing CGC books (which is mostly what I buy), I use GP Analysis first (and guide second if there is little to no sales history on the book).