• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Purpose of your collection!?

101 posts in this topic

Buying a comic book temporarily fills the massive hole in my soul created by a complete lack of meaningful connections with people and provides me with a false sense of joy that is fleeting but thankfully repeatable.

Good sig line material.

Some books I enjoy looking at the cover art, some books I enjoy reading. Some books I have because I can sit it in a box and forget it better then I can save it in the bank. Some books I buy on impulse and question later. Some books I buy because I know that I can sell it for a profit and then buy more books later.

Thats pretty much it. I enjoy the art, the stories, the investment and profit potential.

To fill the empty soulless void pit chasm of eternal blackness that envelopes the dark infinite primordial hollowness of my forgotten soul.

Plus OCD, ADHD, arrested development, finding satisfaction, validation and fulfillment in pointless pursuits and infantile collectibles, removing myself from reality etc.

Is that good enough, Mr. Knight? ;)

To fill the empty soulless void pit chasm of eternal blackness that envelopes the dark infinite primordial hollowness of my forgotten soul.

Plus OCD, ADHD, arrested development, finding satisfaction, validation and fulfillment in pointless pursuits and infantile collectibles, removing myself from reality etc.

I love drawings of boobies.

I love drawings of boobies.

Yeah, me too. I suggest we scrap the Modern Forum and have a Drawings Of Boobies Forum instead.

I have been getting back into reading comics lately. We all start off enjoying the books exclusively for the content (I assume - not a bad idea for another thread) so I've been reminding myself of why I got into the hobby in the first place. Only currently reading a handful of modern titles though....

How do you do the sig line? And is that for books you want or have?

They are all mine baby. :cloud9:

I could literally cut and paste your sig line and put in in my want list! (worship)

They are all mine baby. :cloud9:

You almost had me there until I checked your registry. lol

The registry means nothing to me,you should see the ones I don't have in my registry. (thumbs u