• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Masters Pt III**Lee**Romita**Simon**Baltimore**Questions/Comments

96 posts in this topic

Masters-Submission-Page-6-11-2011-AA.jpg

AA-Baltimore-Dragon-Con-Submission-Page-6-11-2011.jpg

Hi Guys, I had that other thread deleted. My mistake, I had to get some paperwork straightened out.

Thanks alot for posting all of those great books, feel free to repost. All of the nice comments made me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Stay Tuned For Updates!!!!!! I promise there will be some.

All the best,

Sean

i went to cgc today and picked up 11 captain america books that nycomics had signed for me. all of the books kept grade but one. the sigs were all nice and clean. that is saying something because some of those cap covers have a lot of stuff going on. the way that nycomics uses the different colored inks makes all the difference in the world.

this is the worst possible time that someone could be looking for nice steranko caps. the prices seem to be getting a little crazy from the hype. dont forget those cap 113's if you are buying steranko covers. that one is my favorite.

i went to cgc today and picked up 11 captain america books that nycomics had signed for me. all of the books kept grade but one. the sigs were all nice and clean. that is saying something because some of those cap covers have a lot of stuff going on. the way that nycomics uses the different colored inks makes all the difference in the world.

this is the worst possible time that someone could be looking for nice steranko caps. the prices seem to be getting a little crazy from the hype. dont forget those cap 113's if you are buying steranko covers. that one is my favorite.

I have all of those signed, they are sweet. My personal fave is the Incredible Hulk Annual 1 though. That is just an AWESOME cover.

I have all of those signed, they are sweet. My personal fave is the Incredible Hulk Annual 1 though. That is just an AWESOME cover.

Agreed.This is also my favorite Steranko cover.

Really sad today. :(

I want to share a story from our last signing Masters Pt II.

We were so lucky for Gene to sign with us, it was an amazing way to get to know him. My partner Chris has a great story from the last signing. Cliff, Secretson and Chris were with Gene to get our books signed and before anything got done Gene insisted on getting them a drink. (A true gentleman as always) He said that he was making an espresso, would anyone else like one? My partner Chris is also a waiter so he makes espressos all day every day. (A coffee pro) When I asked him how the signing went the first story he had to tell me about was how Gene meticulously had his way of making the perfect espresso. The process took a while, but when it was done and he tried that espresso, he knew he had never had one better.

It just is a testament to what a class act Gene Colan was. I ask my partner how the signing went, and if any books got messed up. (All business) And all he can talk about was how great Gene was and what an amazing guy he was and how cool it was to hang with him.

We will really miss you Gene. Rest in Peace.

-Sean and Chris

Well I cannot edit my first post. I have updated my website and flyer however.

Bad News.

Joe Simon has finally increased his signing fees.

It is now $30 for his signature.

Here is my revised flyer.

Masters%252520Submission%252520Page%2525206-11-2011-AA.jpg

FYI- My advice is to take advantage of this signing. I will not be doing one again for the rest of 2011. This is also likely the lowest rate possible for his signature that you will find again in the future.

FYI ALL

NYComics will not be attending Dragon Con.

Just Baltimore and these fantastic private ops.

You wont See Mr. Romita or Mr. Simon at a con all year!