• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PRICE REDUCED: Top Notch Comics #1

12 posts in this topic

Howdy folks,

Momentarily, I'll be posting two low grade GA keys. These are "problem" books seeking a good home. They just don't fit into my collection any more. I will more than likely regret selling them, but it's time to part ways.

get your :popcorn:out

TOP NOTCH COMICS #1-- 1st Wizard; early MLJ

GRADE: PR-- INCOMPLETE

NOTES: This was a recent purchase and is the only MLJ in my collection. Don't really see a point to keeping only one MLJ and I have little to no interest in acquiring any others.

First off, this book is unfortunately incomplete-- missing 1/2 of its second page, which is also unfortunately a Wizard story page and undoubtedly affects both story and art readability. The cover is completely split and detached. There are no staples. Tape stains, obvious water damage, numerous tears, chipping, major tanning, slight brittleness, soiling, staining, and pieces out. Everything is rough rough rough and it's about as PR as PR gets. But this is a major book at a steal of a deal!

Please do not expect anything other than an extremely PR book. Take a look at the scans and decide for yourself whether it's worth it to you in this low a condition. I do not want anybody to feel deceived.

Guide price is $514 in GD.

PRICE: $105 Shipped. REDUCED FROM $150

topnotch1.jpg

topnotch1b.jpg

topnotch1c.jpg

ADVENTURE COMICS #79-- Classic Manhunter Cover! :news:SOLD!!!

GRADE: PR-- Logo Stripped

NOTES: It pains me to lose this one, but it also no longer fits in with the rest of my GA DC collection. The book is logo stripped from the front cover, but otherwise complete. The front and back covers are still attached to each other but not to the interior-- so the cover is loose. Apparent chipping, some water staining, small pieces out, creases, small tears, etc. The first page of the interior has a large piece out of the bottom right corner that fortunately doesn't affect any readability. The interior has not staples, but its leaves are still firmly held in place by one another. Small tears, stains, water staining, major tanning, etc abound. This is another low grade book, but how often do you see it come up in any kind of affordable shape?

Again, I do not want anybody deceived by the nature of this books grade. Take a good and close look at all of the scans and ask any questions you may have. This is the bottom barrel of collectible.

I usually start topless books @ 75% of guide, but we'll go 70% for this one:

PRICE: $185 Shipped.

adventure79a.jpg

adventure79b.jpg

adventure79c.jpg

Please do not expect anything other than an extremely PR book. Take a look at the scans and decide for yourself whether it's worth it to you in this low a condition. I do not want anybody to feel deceived.

Guide price is $514 in GD, I'll offer it @ 30% of that:

You, sir, are a master salesman. Everyone who reads this is going to wonder if they could make a nice profit if they press and resubmit.

Guide price is $514 in GD, I'll offer it @ 30% of that:

You, sir, are a master salesman. Everyone who reads this is going to wonder if they could make a nice profit if they press and resubmit.

:roflmao:

I do want to mention that I am willing to listen to offers via PM for the Top-Notch #1. If there's any interest out there, don't hesitate to PM me and I'll do my best to work with you.

I would also consider a trade. PM me for a list of my wants.

--CB

Thanks to you I have just found the comic my dad had been talking about for years.

He said he had a collection of "The Wizard" but I couldn't find anything out about it.... this appears to be what he talked about!!

My thanks to you!

Changed my mind about listing the Top Notch on Ebay. I've reduced the price to $105 shipped, which is a steal even in rough and incomplete shape. I'm gonna take a loss on this one, but I need to move it.