• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Using Media Mail Question

3 posts in this topic

I didn't know where to post this but I thought some of you may have shipped pulps before. I was wondering if I can I legally use media mail to ship pulps?

From the USPS website -

"Media Mail® service is a cost efficient way to mail books, sound recordings, recorded video tapes, printed music, and recorded computer-readable media (such as CDs, DVDs, and diskettes). Media Mail can not contain advertising except for incidental announcements of books. "

They obviously have some ads albeit from 50-60 years ago.

Thanks for any insight :foryou:

Legally, no. The ads, regardless of how old, violate the media mail requirements. However, the penalty for shipping media mail is that if you get caught, the recipient has to pay what it would have cost to ship it in the first place, so not much risk is involved.

Interestingly, I have often gone to the Post Office to ship off some cheap comics and when I ask them for the cheapest rate possible and tell them it is comics, they give me the media rate much more often than not.