• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COME ON STAN ARE YOU FOR REAL!

78 posts in this topic

Hey. He has a silver pen so he looked for a large dark area. He found it, really, what is more important? The book or stan's signature? If the book was the grail the owner wouldn't have wanted stan to sign it would he?
It's in the eye of the beholder, but the if I'm the beholder, the books is worth about $25 now.

I would have rocked it right under Falcon's junk. (shrug)

Yeah but then where would you have signed the book afterwards?

Hey. He has a silver pen so he looked for a large dark area. He found it, really, what is more important? The book or stan's signature? If the book was the grail the owner wouldn't have wanted stan to sign it would he?
It's in the eye of the beholder, but the if I'm the beholder, the books is worth about $25 now.

:lol:

Love it!

What, you guys wanna make Marvel be gay or something...

112752.jpg.396c97fc86039006653f35432908eaa7.jpg

To late!

88da9a6f.png

Although, maybe gay isn't the right word. I think butch would sum it better.

To late!

88da9a6f.png

Although, maybe gay isn't the right word. I think butch would sum it better.

Next you are gonna tell me "Web Fluid" isn't what I think it is, right? (shrug)

Wonder what he was thinking when signing that?

+1. (shrug)

That's very bad placement.I'm sure he doesn't really notice or take the time to notice because he has such a large quantity of comics to sign. I know a lot of collectors that wouldn't buy that or want that in their personal collection. It detracts from the book. I would take the advice of another boardie and cut out a designated space in their mylar so an autograph will be placed right where the owner wants it to be.

Just another high-grade comic someone had defaced with scribble... I feel no pity...
:lol: no regrets :thumbsup: If it were me, I'd want that on an interior page :roflmao:

Just another high-grade comic someone had defaced with scribble... I feel no pity...
:lol: no regrets :thumbsup: If it were me, I'd want that on an interior page :roflmao:

So you want that on your 'interior" from the man Stan?

That's what she said. (shrug)

I'm thinking the book is priceless now...

But not in the monetary sense.

Wonder what he was thinking when signing that?

I wonder what motivates him to keep signing. Afterall he is a millionaire and doesn`t need the money to sit there for hours and sign. He will be 89 years old this December. I could see going to conventions to promote his stuff, but why endure long hours of sitting and signing stuff?

hm

you never know the guy that passed him the book, could've been a real azz...

saying something like "maybe I should get another person to sign this, you're so washed-up

you don't even make cameos in your own movies anymore"

lol

Truth is, some people don't really care about the placement. However, the brown area below the Falcon would have been a decent spot as well. The silver would have looked there and Cap wouldn't have a silver tat all over the side of his head.

Alternatively, the person who had it signed could have, you know, prepped the book.

Somethings I've learned on these boards.

1) The collective board memory is forever. What you say and do will come back to haunt you.

2) Hennyclucking lol

3) Never buy comics from Mile High expecteing them to be graded accurately.

4) Always prep a book that you want Stan to sign. Always!

Truth is, some people don't really care about the placement. However, the brown area below the Falcon would have been a decent sopt as well. The silver would have looked there and Cap wouldn't have a silver tat all over the side of his head.

Alternatively, the person who had it signed could have, you know, prepped the book.

Somethings I've learned on these boards.

1) The collective board memory is forever. What you say and do will come back to haunt you.

2) Hennyclucking lol

3) Never buy comics from Mile High expecteing them to be graded accurately.

4) Always prep a book that you want Stan to sign. Always!

It's possible that the book will still sell for a great amount. However, the book will have limited interest due to the Sig Series, and now has even less interest due to the placement.