• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COME ON STAN ARE YOU FOR REAL!

78 posts in this topic

I personally dont like my books signed. I guess a rare signature would be cool. But seriously how many Stan Lee signed books are out there now, thousands?

+1

Wonder what he was thinking when signing that?

I wonder what motivates him to keep signing. Afterall he is a millionaire and doesn`t need the money to sit there for hours and sign. He will be an 89 years old this December. I could see going to conventions to promote his stuff, but why endure long hours of sitting and signing stuff?

hm

I would cut him some slack and attribute it to love of his fan-base. Stan has always been devoted to his fans.

I personally dont like my books signed. I guess a rare signature would be cool. But seriously how many Stan Lee signed books are out there now, thousands?

+1

maybe the guy wanted a horrible sig placement to make it unique. (sarcasm)

The drawn bug is infamous as well.

There was a stamp placement on an ASM 101 that I passed on that I wish I didn't.

It was a date stamp that was in the smack burst of Morbius delivering to the 6 armed spidey

that had a secret message of "I slapped you so hard you'll remember the date".

That was classic.

+1

maybe the guy wanted a horrible sig placement to make it unique.

There was a stamp placement on an ASM 101 that I passed on that I wish I didn't.

It was a date stamp that was in the smack burst of Morbius delivering to the 4 armed spidey

That is classic.

6 armed.

+1

It was a date stamp that was in the smack burst of Morbius delivering to the 4 armed spidey

That is classic.

6 armed.

yeah, you are right - it's too early in the morning...

corrected.

:shy:

When I first encountered SS I never understood the purpose of defacing a book. Then as I got more into it I could see the fun in getting a sig from an artist or writer you really enjoy.

But I still don't understand the purpose of using an extremely valuable, rare, or key book. (shrug)

I don't necessarily mean the Cap but when I see AF 15 with a stupid signature on it it makes me wretch. If I have offended any owners of SS AF 15 good, you should be ashamed of yourself. (tsk)

Wonder what he was thinking when signing that?

I wonder what motivates him to keep signing. Afterall he is a millionaire and doesn`t need the money to sit there for hours and sign. He will be an 89 years old this December. I could see going to conventions to promote his stuff, but why endure long hours of sitting and signing stuff?

hm

I would cut him some slack and attribute it to love of his fan-base. Stan has always been devoted to his fans.

If only Steve Ditko felt the same way about his fans.

+1

That is classic.

6 armed.

IMG00350-20110422-2304.jpg

Truth is, some people don't really care about the placement. However, the brown area below the Falcon would have been a decent sopt as well. The silver would have looked there and Cap wouldn't have a silver tat all over the side of his head.

I really need to fire Mehdy's post editor. :(

I can't say I'm surprised. What kind of a result are you lookin for when you stick a high grade comic book in front of an 80 year old man and hand him a magic marker?

Because people refuse to believe we are not part of the customer base for narrowly collected items, and the premiums involved are not warranted for defaced books.

YUNO.jpg

Because people refuse to believe we are not part of the customer base for narrowly collected items, and the premiums involved are not warranted for defaced books.

YUNO.jpg

Until purchasing SS books becomes compulsory and/or mandatory before renewing your driver's license I fail to see how someone pricing property that they own, at a price they deem proper, has any affect on anyone else. (shrug)