• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fights with your wives or significant others over comics?

100 posts in this topic

Honestly, when it comes to the things that I want, I have very few complaints about my wife of 10 years. She's always been pretty cool & when I decided to get back into comic book collecting a year ago, she didn't have any problems with it & up until last night, has been pretty supportive of me/it.

But, unfortunately, that wasn't the case last night when i wanted to head over to my LCS & make sure that they were holding some things for me. It's been an fairly tight month for us because I had to put a wad of cash down to pay a fee for my return to school in September.

As I wasn't going there to purchase anything, I couldn't see what the issue was. That's when she began to go off on me about "making some sacrifices" & such. Which irritated me, because I have been careful about how many titles/back issues I buy each month & have even cut back on my pull list. Which, as you know, can be a painful thing. But, I did what I had to do & thought I was doing a good job at keeping things down to a "dull roar".

But, apparently my wife doesn't think so.

Which, pisses me off a lot more that I thought it would.

So, anyone else out there want to share their own tales of marital/relationship discord with me, so i don't feel so alone in all this?

Thanks much.

I used to love her, but I had to kill her

I had to put her

Six feet under

And I can still hear her complain

I knew I miss her

So I had to keep her

She's buried right in my back yard

She person_without_enough_empathyed so much

She drove me nuts

And now I'm happier this way

I had to put her

Six feet under

My wife loves that I collect. As long as I spend money on comics she can spend and equal amount on shoes. She will never complain with that deal.

She can later pressure you into selling your comics for their original value or more to free up more money to buy herself more shoes, so I'd say you're getting the short end of the stick. :eek:

No, we haven't had a fight over it, but I push the envelope from time to time. She had no problem with me setting up a seperate savings account, which we deposit into weekly, to fund the hobby. She realizes it's a good investment and would come in handy in an emergency, and also that our grandson will inherit them.

But I walk the edge. I really need to stay away from the sales threads for a few months.

Not easy.

Honestly, when it comes to the things that I want, I have very few complaints about my wife of 10 years. She's always been pretty cool & when I decided to get back into comic book collecting a year ago, she didn't have any problems with it & up until last night, has been pretty supportive of me/it.

But, unfortunately, that wasn't the case last night when i wanted to head over to my LCS & make sure that they were holding some things for me. It's been an fairly tight month for us because I had to put a wad of cash down to pay a fee for my return to school in September.

As I wasn't going there to purchase anything, I couldn't see what the issue was. That's when she began to go off on me about "making some sacrifices" & such. Which irritated me, because I have been careful about how many titles/back issues I buy each month & have even cut back on my pull list. Which, as you know, can be a painful thing. But, I did what I had to do & thought I was doing a good job at keeping things down to a "dull roar".

So, anyone else out there want to share their own tales of marital/relationship discord with me, so i don't feel so alone in all this?

Thanks much.

Are you planning on working while you're going to school? If not, who's paying the bills, your wife or your savings?

I have a completely separate account for my comics that I fund by buying/selling small collections or selling stuff I've picked up over the last 25 years. I can't remember the last time I took money out of my 'real life' account to pay for books or sweet shiverbones art. That pretty much nips any problems right in the bud.

I had to put her

Six feet under

I knew I miss her

So I had to keep her

She's buried right in my back yard

She person_without_enough_empathyed so much

She drove me nuts

And now I'm happier this way

I had to put her

Six feet under

(worship)

My GF doesn't have a problem with comics at all, she has a problem with my Hockey obsession.

Doesn't like to be in the house when I'm watching a Sharks game, and really doesn't like being near me when we lose lol apparently I'm a downer when we lose

Thanks much.

If youre having probs buying moderns shed have kicked me out years ago.