• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver/Bronze collection found...

10 posts in this topic

Recently, I was speaking to an associate of mine who has led me to a former dealer/collector. I spoke with the d/c over the phone and have set up a private viewing of the collection. Totaling 50-60 longboxes, the collection consists primarily of Silver and Bronze Age books.

It will be a few weeks before they will be ready for viewing, so I figured I'd take on some wantlists from fellow boardmembers.

Aside from major/obvious keys, variants, etc, if anyone is looking for specific books for their collection, PM me with issues wanted/grade/price willing to pay and I'll see what I can come up with.

K

From what I understand, it's a good mix of Marvel and DC, with a couple boxes of Dell and Gold Key. I didn't get around to asking about condition, just quantity and Ages. He also said he had a little Golden Age left, but the majority of it was sold over the past 10 years. It'll be at least 2-3 weeks before I'll get to see them,so keep the wantlists comin!

Since these were originally from a dealer/collector, I would expect that most of the books are mid-grades. Just make sure you don't pay a lot per book or maybe somewhere between 25-35% of guide for the entire collection.

Of course if there are really some true VF/NM and higher, than you could/should pay more.

Good Luck.

I'm not sure if he wants to sell the WHOLE collection, although that would be really nice as I am in preparation of possibly opening a store in the next year or so; this collection would surely help in the Silver dept. I do agree with you on the % to pay, depending on grade and how much I will decide to purchase. I also have 3 more deals in the works I'd like to have finished by the end of the year totaling over 700 longboxes consisting mostly of Bronze and Moderns between the years of 1973-current. I've had looks at all 3 of these collections over the past few years and all are in fantastic condition, 1 collection being from an absolute HOARDER of comics from 1976-1990. I almost drool thinking about that one! We'll just have to wait and see how things turn out.

K

Patience Donut, patience 893crossfingers-thumb.gif It's a week or so to go, so I figured I'd remind everyone I'm still taking wantlists. As soon as I see the collection, I will get back to everyone with my findings.

K