• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard's Top 15 Forgotten Hero's/ Villain's

32 posts in this topic

Sunfire always held appeal for me partly because he was Japanese. I always thought they could do something interesting with him in X-Men if they keep him around for a few issues.

remember when he was on an episode of spider-man and his amazing friends? laugh.gif

Sunfire always held appeal for me partly because he was Japanese. I always thought they could do something interesting with him in X-Men if they keep him around for a few issues.

remember when he was on an episode of spider-man and his amazing friends? laugh.gif

My son watches that episode all the time. Sunfire and his father try to recruit Firestar to use her power to animate a fire being. Spidey and Iceman find out and are brainwashed by Sunfire's father. Eventually the fire being is released and it's up to the Spider friends to take it out. Along the way they also fight some samuri robots. There is a cool scene where Iceman and Sunfire go at it in a elemental battle royale.

My son watches that episode all the time. Sunfire and his father try to recruit Sunfire to use her power to animate a fire being. Spidey and Iceman find out and are brainwashed by Sunfire's father. Eventually the fire being is released and it's up to the Spider friends to take it out. Along the way they also fight some samuri robots. There is a cool scene where Iceman and Sunfire go at it in a elemental battle royale.

Never saw it! I do remember one with the X-Men where they take on Juggernaut. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

My son watches that episode all the time. Sunfire and his father try to recruit Firestar to use her power to animate a fire being. Spidey and Iceman find out and are brainwashed by Sunfire's father. Eventually the fire being is released and it's up to the Spider friends to take it out. Along the way they also fight some samuri robots. There is a cool scene where Iceman and Sunfire go at it in a elemental battle royale.

Never saw it! I do remember one with the X-Men where they take on Juggernaut. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

My son watches that one too. The X-men are supposed to have a reunion. Spiday asks Iceman and Sunfire if he can go. They politely tell him that it is for X-men only. Spidey then tangles with Juggernaut in a construction site. Juggernaut heads for the X-mansion. Meanwhile Wolverine skewers several pieces of fruit and in a strange accent asks Firestar if she would like some. The X-men and Juggernaut go at. Finally Spidey pulls off Juggy's helmet and Prof. X subdues him.

Yeah, cause Luke Cage has such a great origin story and awesome abilities. What were they again? oh yeah tough skin....oooohhh! scary.

Luke Cage was a great character back in the 70's and formed a pretty good double act with Iron Fist for a while. All the recent attempts to revive him have been pretty bad though and the character really doesn't have a great deal of unexplored depth.

Any DC fans with any comments on the list? I must admit there are a few on there that I don't recognise, like Mr. Zsasz and Omac. confused-smiley-013.gif

Mr. Miracle definitely has potential (great Kirby costume; compelling back-story). I treasure the early Kirby issues and the late 1970s mini-runs by first Englehart/Rogers and then Gerber/Golden. cloud9.gif

Red Tornado is pretty good, but his costume is WAY too garish, with all those yellow stripes. R.T. needs to download a fashion sense s/w upgrade!

Omac... I dunno. IMHO Pretty much everything's been done possible with the concept, between the Kirby original, the Starlin backups in the 1970s and the Byrne revisionist approach in that B&W limited series.

And I don't remember who Mr. Zsasz is either... confused.gif