• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cool Stuff from the Office Floor

35 posts in this topic

I've been cleaning my office and putting up my glass collection for the past month. And I'm fed up with the amount of stuff I have. I may be putting up some GA books in a separate thread later this week.

In the meantime, here's some sweet comic-related loot that I would like to pass on to other collectors.

This is a bit different, and some of this stuff has really never been posted on the boards before, but I thought I'd give it a try.

All of the glasses are beautiful, w/ high gloss, no chips or cracks, etc. And none of these, with one exception, are run of the mill stuff. Most of them are pretty special.

Shipping on books will be 5.50 for up to 4 books.

Shipping on glasses will be 6.00 for the first one, plus 3.50 each for each added to the order. On with the show.

This glass is just tremendously cool.

A 1964 tall version "Superman to the Rescue" featuring Supes in an underwater scene rescuing a few poor souls. I have it next to the short version for comparison, and so the rest of the scene is visible.

These glasses were put out by Polaner Jelly in 1964. The tall versions are extremely tough to find compared to the short versions, and all of the scenes other than "Superman in Action" are difficult.

Asking $30

office001.jpg

This is a tough variant from the 1978 DC Comics Pepsi set. What's cool about this glass is that everything that should be red is yellow, and everything intended to be yellow is red. C'mon, never heard of Wonder Woman's Auburn Lasso.

A tough glass that usually goes for $60 on ebay and in auctions.

Asking $35

office003.jpg

From 1966, this is a very tough 3 color variation of a Robin glass. The regular 2 color version is next to it for comparison only. In the early days of ebay, this used to sell for about $60 each.

Asking $25.

office004.jpg

From 1966, this is a very tough 3 color variation of a Robin glass. The regular 2 color version is next to it for comparison only. In the early days of ebay, this used to sell for about $60 each.

Asking $25.

office004.jpg

:takeit:

The glass on the left, below is a super-cool Popeye Coke prototype that was never released. It was part of a set of glasses meant to promote an animated movie where all of the characters were on a pirate ship. The set was never released, and I'm not sure if the movie was either.

The glass on the right is the regular released version and is pictured for comparison only.

Asking $125.

office006.jpg

A 1964 tall version "Superman to the Rescue" featuring Supes in an underwater scene rescuing a few poor souls. I have it next to the short version for comparison, and so the rest of the scene is visible.

These glasses were put out by Polaner Jelly in 1964. The tall versions are extremely tough to find compared to the short versions, and all of the scenes other than "Superman in Action" are difficult.

Asking $30

office001.jpg

This is a tough variant from the 1978 DC Comics Pepsi set. What's cool about this glass is that everything that should be red is yellow, and everything intended to be yellow is red. C'mon, never heard of Wonder Woman's Auburn Lasso.

A tough glass that usually goes for $60 on ebay and in auctions.

Asking $35

office003.jpg

Asking $30

office001.jpg

You've got it--along with the reverse WW. Thanks tons, Bill.