• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should Chuck Rozanski be forced to resign from Mile High Comics?

95 posts in this topic

At least he consults with the Pueblo Indian experts for his tattoo designs. From his 8/16/10 newsletter:

Well, that's it for today. I'm off today on my third trip to New Mexico in just the past two weeks. The huge Whitehawk Antique Indian Arts show is running today, which is sort of the equivalent of the best Golden Age comics convention that you could imagine. There are then four major Indian Art auctions in Santa Fe this week, as well as more parties in the 300+ art galleries clustered in Santa Fe than I can count. Next Saturday is then the beginning of the huge 2-day Santa Fe Indian Market, where over 1,000 Native American craftspeople set up booths in the streets around the Santa Fe Plaza. This is the one-week of the year where I take off the entire 7 days, in order to focus all of my energy completely on my pottery collection. This may shock you a little, but I'm also working with my friend, world-renown Cochiti Pueblo potter Diego Romero, on a very colorful tattoo design that incorporates two huge Avanyu (sacred Pueblo water serpents/gods) encircling booth of my arms, and then linking tails in the center of my back. I've never had any sort of a tattoo before, but this idea came to me in a dream, and it's been really nagging at me ever since. I consulted last week during the Feast Day dances with several people whom I totally respect at the Pueblos, and they told me that it would be allowed for me to use these sacred symbols of water and power on my body. Diego is going to take my design (which comes from several actual pots that I own that were created in the 1930's), and apply it to my arms in acrylic inks. If I still like how it looks after a week, I think I'm going to take the plunge, and begin the process of becoming one with my pots, and linking myself permanently to the Pueblo culture.

finishedoutline122210.jpg

Holy Crud! From the latest newsletter! It's the unholy HotFlips / MHC / Neat Stuff alliance! :ohnoez:

Is it the Axis of Evil or Good Allies? I have no idea!

I was there today and had a great time!

And I met all of these hard-working businessmen and it was a pleasure! (worship)

And to my knowledge, none of them were evil or unholy. The opposite maybe.

Not to mention the cool swag and supplies I was able to pick up for a song.

A song I tell you! :makepoint:

Thanks for the hospitality guys! Look forward to the next go-round! :applause:

Including the donuts! :cloud9:

Holy Crud! From the latest newsletter! It's the unholy HotFlips / MHC / Neat Stuff alliance! :ohnoez:

Is it the Axis of Evil or Good Allies? I have no idea!

I was there today and had a great time!

And I met all of these hard-working businessmen and it was a pleasure! (worship)

And to my knowledge, none of them were evil or unholy. The opposite maybe.

Not to mention the cool swag and supplies I was able to pick up for a song.

A song I tell you! :makepoint:

Thanks for the hospitality guys! Look forward to the next go-round! :applause:

Including the donuts! :cloud9:

Thank you for coming. It was a pleasure meeting you yesterday. Next one will probably be in December.

Jeff

I just blew chu c k!

:o

And you admitted it?

I know that some people can become aroused with such visual imagery as tattooed middle-aged pottery geeks, but to extend your admiration to such an act, I'm just astounded.

I just blew chu c k!

:o

And you admitted it?

I know that some people can become aroused with such visual imagery as tattooed middle-aged pottery geeks, but to extend your admiration to such an act, I'm just astounded.

That's scary~!

Not to get too of topic- but that hater gonna hate video got me thinking... which comic covers would be great candidates for a "haters gonna hate" title?

Here's one I saw done up-

lipp1.jpg

The SA Flash series is an obvious source- maybe issues 107, 152, 163, or this:

30aqbmt.jpg

I missed this post last week. 100% WIN!!

I bet he's in better shape than 90% of this board.

I bet he's in better shape than 90% of this board.

I bet you we could have an interesting greeting card contest with that photo.