• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman afficionados - need help finding an old book from childhood.

3 posts in this topic

I posted this over at CBR as well, but I thought I might double my chances with a similar post here.

In my quest to recover all the Batman books from childhood, I'm looking for a story that appeared in either Batman or Detective comics in the early to mid 70's. The story takes place primarily at the Wayne Foundation building that Bruce/Batman was operating out of during that era. Bruce is attacked by terrorists/hijackers and is held hostage for a huge ransom, something like 7 billion dollars or there about. This leads to the only line that I can remember from the story where, as rich as Bruce is, he screams "That's a fortune!" in astonishment. The cool thing about this story is that since Bruce is held hostage and can't change into Batman, a lot of the emphasis is on how Bruce (not Batman) gets himself out of this jam. I don't recall any other details other than I don't "think" this was an issue of Brave and the Bold and that I believe the artist might have been the late, great Jim Aparo. Much thanks to anyone who can help. Brian.

By golly, you are absolutely correct! I just google'd the cover for the book and I recognize the backup stories, especially that one with Kubert's Viking Prince. Funny, I didn't recall the Metal Men being involved. Thanks!