• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Marvel Movie Poll

X-Men  

288 members have voted

1. 1. X-Men

99 posts in this topic

I just don't like when people's opinions are like: "How could you like that movie? It stunk!". I don't mind when people say a particular movie stunk. That's all.

Fair enough. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and as Pov said earlier it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, its up to the individual to decide whether or not they like a movie. Each to his own. grin.gif

Man, those Daredevil stats make me ashamed to be a member of these boards.

Aesthitic appreciation is supremely subjective and is derived from a wide variety of life-criteria. Why should you feel ashamed because folks liked the movie? (I did too, as you know).

Mainly because it shows me that some comic fans are so enamoured with comic book movies that they will accept a steaming POS like Daredevil, simply because a) it's better than no DD movie, and b) because they are fanboys who support ALL comic book movies, or c) they have a much different standard for great movies.

The last one I put down to personal taste, but the first two do make me ashamed to be a comic book fan, where these freaks walk around, eating movie manure with a smile on their face, and ensuring we get a ton of similar superhero crapola coming down the pike.

And BTW, our opinion of Daredevil may be opinion, but it agrees with the major critics, most movie-goers

Who gives a rat's behind that it agrees with outsiders? It should agree or disagree with yourself. If it does, great. If it doesn't, great. But it should only be with yourself. One should never seek outside support to support one's ideas.

Agree with outside support with a thumbsup2.gif???? You bet! thumbsup2.gif

But don't factor them into your opinion or else you will have to factor it every time in every film you like or dislike and such is not desireable! smile.gif

yah yah yah - typo edit

Couple of notes - my film friends pointed out they liked the mask because you could actually SEE DeFoe's mouth behind it saying the words.

Sure a few times, when the camera was close enough to really make the mask look super-fake. foreheadslap.gif

BTW I don't follow Daredevil religiously. I do that with Fantastic Four and I'm both happy and nervous that it is coming close to filming. 893whatthe.gifconfused.gif

And JC, please follow all your posts with sign-rantpost.gif, that would be appropriate. grin.gif

Couple of notes - my film friends pointed out they liked the mask because you could actually SEE DeFoe's mouth behind it saying the words.

Sure a few times, when the camera was close enough to really make the mask look super-fake. foreheadslap.gif

Ok, ok, I get it

We dont like the mask.. 893frustrated.gif

lets move on to how the Hulk made me fall asleep, wonder how his pants stayed on, and why he looked like he was going to make a gumpy in his pants , half the movie.

Movies, lovem/hateum.

Id rather see apos DD movie out then none at all.

I took away a few things I liked about the film.

Even if it was a pos.

I found it entertaining. As I said, I have no interest in Daredevil as is. The movie was just fine IMO, and just b/c the critics didn't like it means just about NOTHING to me. You can base all your reactions/opinions to a movie on what others think, but myself, I'll definately save judgment for myself.

WTF?

I offered my opinion, and just because it agrees with the critics, and most of the viewers, doesn't somehow make it invalid? makepoint.gif

Personally, I have a rule when I view movies. If I think it sucks major butt (like DD), yet the critics love it, the movie has long run in the theatres, and viewer feedback is incredibly strong, then I give it few more chances to see if there was something I may have missed.

Daredevil had none of those three factors in its favor, which doesn't mean certain people can't love the movie, only that I'm pretty confident that I didn't miss anything while viewing that particular steaming POS.

Id rather see apos DD movie out then none at all. Even if it was a pos.

See what I mean. 893frustrated.gif

This type of rabid fanboy attitude guarantees we'll nothing but POS superhero movies, as why spend the extra cash if fanboys don't care?

Mainly because it shows me that some comic fans are so enamoured with comic book movies that they will accept a steaming POS like Daredevil, simply because a) it's better than no DD movie, and b) because they are fanboys who support ALL comic book movies, or c) they have a much different standard for great movies.

Well, Joe, as I think you know by now, my real area is GA and especially pre-code/atom age stuff. I was just surprised to see you say but it agrees with the major critics, most movie-goers, We fight a LOT - we sometimes agree (like on the whole dark anti-hero thing being the start of the BA). I have seen you make very unpopular pronouncements with nothing but your opinion to go on (which is, of course, the good thing) so I was pretty surprised to see you using the critics/fans as a support.

(PS - even the worst enemies can appreciate things about the other, neh?)

This type of "rabid fanboy attitude" guarantees we'll nothing but POS superhero movies "IN MY OPINION", as why spend the extra cash if fanboys don't care?

I have seen you make very unpopular pronouncements with nothing but your opinion to go on (which is, of course, the good thing) so I was pretty surprised to see you using the critics/fans as a support.

Here's the deal. On here, as you have seen, pronouncing Daredevil as a steaming POS is an UNPOPULAR OPINION.

This is like some weird alternate Universe, where if a movie includes a superhero, it's automatically great for about half the participants. So yeah, in this instance, where fanboys rule the forum, I'll take any support I can get. thumbsup2.gif

This type of "rabid fanboy attitude" guarantees we'll nothing but POS superhero movies "IN MY OPINION", as why spend the extra cash if fanboys don't care?

Do me a favor you smelly little pinhead, and don't stoop to changing original statements. That puts you pretty low on the food chain, right below worms.

I guess I'm done here, as I'm not going to match wits with who think it's the height of humor to hack other's forum comments. How old are you, 12?

On here, as you have seen, pronouncing Daredevil as a steaming POS is an UNPOPULAR OPINION...So yeah, in this instance, where fanboys rule the forum, I'll take any support I can get.

No no no! I don't consider myself a "fanboy" because I collect essentially anthology books. Yeah, as I said in the GA forums will be adding to the GA Superhero stuff, but that is, honestly, not a fan thing but a thing that refelcts my fascination with the 30's and 40's and the climes of those times.

I DO consider myself to be somewhat perceptive about film. And am the biggest fan of pre-widescreen b&w - so when a film like DD comes out, well, I am gonna just judge it one way or another. And while I have read DD back in the 80's and actually owned a run od DD from 1 through about 50 or so, I certainly have no fannish thing about him or his.

And to this date my favorites Comic film is still probably the 70's FLASH GORDON (he saved with a mighty hand every man and every woman every child that's FLASH!) - and yeah - I can appreciate the flaws but the OOMPH makes up for it!

This type of rabid fanboy attitude guarantees we'll nothing but POS superhero movies, as why spend the extra cash if fanboys don't care?

J.C. you miss the point entirely.

P.O.S. movies will continue to be made, until till the end of time..

Every movie made cannot be a masterpiece, just like all baseball picthers cant pitch shut outs.. its not possible.. some are good, and some are bloody awful

We should be happy they want to make comic book movies, period, the talent pool isnt deep enough .

To call my post a "Rabid fanboy attitude" is utterly ridiculus

.was not very well thought out JC

If you took 1/2 a second to think about what I said , instead of jumping my chit,

I said.. I would rather see a pos movie, and take away a few things I liked about it, then to just not see it at all( because then how would I have an opinion of it, if I did not see it)

, or should I just hate it all together just because it wasnt true to the story, or wasnt directed well?I agree with you that not supporting a movie might send a message to a studio exec?, but cmon.. you think that will really get thru to them.. 27_laughing.gif

I want to support comic book movies of any caliber so the major studios will continue to make more of them, 1 out of 5 might be worth seeing, but that doesnt mean I wont see them all, or support them at box office

You need to calm down, take the ol blue chill pill, and not lump all of us as" Rabid fanboys", just because we tried to express our opionin of a movie, reguardless of if we met your rigid criteria for liking comic book movies, or not.

please let me know when your rules for being a fan of comic related material comes out, because as of now, I was not aware there were any rules.

If a person likes something, then good for them

If they dont.. bully also..

Big deal.. ever hear of freedom of speech?, and your the one on the outside here by calling us names.

I was just making a few posts here JC , and you had you go and make it personal, call people names.

really big of you...

WTG JC

you da man...

I liked Spidey partially cause I was an extra in the flick. I went up to Downey, Ca. and participated in the World Unity Festival scene. We didn't get paid, but they did feed us, and gave us free suntan lotion when they realized we were getting fried shocked.gif waiting between scenes. Fun stuff. smile.gif

I liked Spidey partially cause I was an extra in the flick. I went up to Downey, Ca. and participated in the World Unity Festival scene. We didn't get paid, but they did feed us, and gave us free suntan lotion when they realized we were getting fried shocked.gif waiting between scenes. Fun stuff. smile.gif

thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

I envy you! Closest I ever got was when I was living in Boston - Beacon Hill - and for some reasin, back in the 90's, that area becase a hot film place. Great fun to just watch. Has to be a blast to participate!

I want to support comic book movies of any caliber so the major studios will continue to make more of them, 1 out of 5 might be worth seeing, but that doesnt mean I wont see them all, or support them at box office.

Yeah, I really missed the point. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I want to support comic book movies of any caliber so the major studios will continue to make more of them, 1 out of 5 might be worth seeing, but that doesnt mean I wont see them all, or support them at box office.

Yeah, I really missed the point. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

so you would rather not see any comic related movies made?

, since you know most of them might be a pos?

Well I for one will take the odds of 1 outa 5 being a kik arse movie. even if I have to sit through 4 bad ones, at least they are getting made

And if that marks me as a ultra rabid mayor of fanboy town.

Well then hand me my key to the city,