• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This Vampirella 113 does not look up to scratch!

7 posts in this topic

Check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=76&item=2238902676&rd=1

I guess it is possible to get this type of spine wear on an unread comic, but I doubt it should grade this high. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I got some Vampirellas from this seller last year, and they were in no way NM & Newstand fresh as described, although I wasn't too disgruntled as the prices were OK. At least there's a large scan this time 'round, and people are bidding. Any opinions?

Looks like it just came off the newstand allright, fell about 10 ft and got run over by a taxi though....

That taxi did a good job on the spine, but hey, what the heck, spine stress is no longer classed as a defect, right? The bids would make it seem as if stress lines were desirable! Someone paid that taxi driver a good tip for his work here! Just what does newstand condition mean anyhow? How about this as an item description that would inspire confidence: 'Picked specially from within a stack of twenty just delivered to the newstand and carefully laid on the rack by the vendor. I was sure to pick one from the middle which was untouched by vendor or by string, and one which I made sure was unread by casual browsers. I took it home (in a taxi) and stored it carefully (without being tempted to read it) in a bag with board'. 27_laughing.gif