• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk 181

8 posts in this topic

Do you have a back cover scan? In addition to the water stain, it looks like it might have actual water damage (warping, wrinkling). Since mold is often found with this kind of damage, a BC scan and maybe even a look on the inside might help us.

I wish that I had more scans but that was the only image the seller was showing. The more I look at it, the more I think that I might just look for a better looking book with the Marvel coupon missing - as I just want to get it signed by Trimpe, Wein, and Lee.

Oh, sorry. For some reason I thought you meant you were gong to make a "selling offer".

Just going by the front cover, I would say at least a 1.0 and certainly no higher than a 2.0 (and that's a stretch).

Oh, and WTTB (thumbs u

The Overstreet Comicbook Price Guide states that a coupon is not allowed to be cut out until 1.0, but I'm really not too sure about the stamp. You can have a mint copy with a missing stamp and you'll still get a much nicer grade than 2.5, but CGC would give it a green "Qualified" label because it's incomplete.

At least I think that's how it works (shrug)

OT- Can't quite decide which Peter Cushing you want to use, huh? ;)

I liked the Tarkin avatar, but then I'm a Sith (thumbs u

Thanks for the info! lol - Yeah, trying to pick my Peter Cushing profile :-) Love Cushing as Grand Moff Tarkin in "Star Wars" but I like his pose from "Frankenstein Created Woman" better :-) I also run the Peter Cushing Association on Facebook besides collecting comics.