• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spectacular Spiderman 1 (signed by Stan Lee)

2 posts in this topic

I was wondering how many people ordered Spectacular Spiderman 1 (signed by Stan Lee). It was in the dynamic forces section of Preview a month or so ago and at my LCS, there were only 7 ordered (4 collectors and 3 by the shop). I was one of the collectors who ordered a copy.I am in a midsized metro area of about 750,000 people and my LCS to give you an estimate of sales volume does about 250 copies of Ulimate Spiderman, Ultimate X-Men, etc every two weeks. How heavy was this book ordered in the large metro areas (i.e. New York, Chicago, Dallas, LA, etc). Any information and thoughts on the book and how heavily ordered it was would be appreciated

I was wondering how many people ordered Spectacular Spiderman 1 (signed by Stan Lee).

I don't really see the appeal of these kind of books myself, mainly because i view signatures as a personal thing. If I am not actually meeting the creator as he is signing the book the sig really has no value for me.

Also in this case, what did Stan Lee actually have to do with this book? Seems like a pointless marketing excercise.